Tint Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint Post

Ok I finally got her cleaned up for pics today (snow last week) and I got my new tint on. I had it done on thursday of last week. It is 20% in the rear windows and 35% on the front windows. I had to go legal cause the popo has it out for me enough as is.
    Before,
    Some reason it came or really dark in the before pic I took the day I removed the tint.

Here is a older pic that gives you a idea.

Here is a upclose of the inside of the drivers side window. Horribly scratched from the police when she was in service.

Here are the pics I took after I removed the old myself. I did it myself cause teh tint place said they could do it but a $50 a hour so I said screw that and did it myself.

And finally the afters. I just washed it so that is why the ground is wet.
    are you guys ready for this??? LOL

I really need to take pics somewhere else then my driveway. LOL
    Thanks for looking.:thumbsup: :cheers:
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

How did you remove the old shit?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I did the 35% tinting on one of my CVPI's.

Makes a big difference, especially with interior heat during the summer months.

"Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Comment

Razor blade and hair dryer. Looks good.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I used a heat gun and warmed up the tint from the outside of the window. Then I made sure I had a full pack of sharp razor blades. I just started at a corner and just worked very slowly and it peeled right off. I used goo gone for the remaining glue that was stuck on there. The side windows, all of them, took about 2 hours. The rear window on the other hand took 2 hours itself. I couldn't use a razor blade on the rear cause of the defroster lines.
          After I was all done I took and cleaned to window twice with window cleaner to remove any excess goo gone that might hinder the adhesion of the new tint.

Comment

I want your car.

Looks great, man.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

you did that yourself eh

any tips? i tried doing that to my camaro when the driver side got scratched but ended up with all kinds of wrinkles and bubbles.

Comment

No, I had professionals do it. I was too chicken to do it myself.

Comment

Looks good. Can you still see out of it at night? I want to lightly tint the rear windows of the Townie but I don't want it very dark. Just enough for accent purposes really.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I can see fine out of it. The only difference is that it is harder to see backing up in the night with no street lamps around. Maybe I will upgrade to LED reverse lights for more output. Other then that it is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                      Maybe I will upgrade to LED reverse lights for more output. Other then that it is perfect.
                      I have 5 high-beam headlights that I no-longer need laying around, I'm seriously considering putting two of those halfway-hidden under my rear bumper - if 18-wheeler tractors can have them, so can I

Comment

!Whatta Fucking Awesome Mang! it looks more intimidatind than before !BUT! wait you see mine. !!BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAAHH!!

ATT, SNIPER 308. IM FUCKING SICK TODAY !DAAAAAMN!
                        MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Thanks guys. Ya snipe I wish my car was black like yours then the tint would look even better.

Comment

Actually I think that tint looks better on non-black vehicles, and in your case it matches the wheels real nice That said don't get those Tailgunners, find something black (or with black on it).

Comment

LOL Whoops sort of sent the money order for those suckers today.

Comment

Working...
                              X