86 Merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 Merc

Hello everyone just figured I would get my cardomain site out there so any one can give me suggestions/advise on BBUB. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/433458
    I am waiting on a pair of old unity spotlights that will go in over spring break in march as well as an alluminum driveshaft and 19lb/hr injectors. I have a set of Cobra knockoffs from a mustang but i need 1" spacers. The Cobras are powdercoated the same graphite as the steelies in the pics on cardomain.

Nice merk!

And welcome to GMN!!!!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Oh my GOD that car is wicked!!!!

Welcome!!

And how did you do the 88-up rear panel? How easy is it?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Oh yeah, don't install the 19# inectors until you convert to HO...

It will run like trash otherwise...

Comment

Injectors work best in their middle range of output. If you put 19#s in there and you only need 14#s, then the 19s will have a very short duty cycle, and the more extreme (very short or very long) the duty cycle the less accurate it is.

Comment

sweet car mang and
            Originally posted by GMGT
            you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

Beautiful car! I love the fact that you stripped the vynil. If I owned one I'd do the exact same thing. It looks incredibly clean. I'd feel hard pressed to offer suggestions, maybe just black out all the chrome including bumbers, I bet that would look sweet. Otherwise, just keep up the great work. Thats one of the best looking boxes I've ever seen. Great job!
              Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
              Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Thanks for the advice on the 19#s they will have to wait til summer then. GMGT that rear panel was easy as hell the bolt holes are almost all the same had to drill a couple i think and the light socket holes were not right but a couple min with the sawzall and they were lol

Comment

I like the way you think!

Comment

Welcome dude. That thing is SWEET!! That is exactly what I want to do if I get a pre-88 merc is convert the rear taillights to 88-91's. I love the style off the pre-88 merk front but I don't like the rear and the 88-91 rear is a good looking one.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I chatted with 86bbub earlier on AIM...

Cool guy!

Comment

I don't even have to click the link, to know what car ya'll are talkin' about. That car is fuckin' SWEET!
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I love that car. Ive seen it on there before as well. Kickass ride man.
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS
                          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

to GMN! That's one badass Merc. :headbang:
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Awsome merc man, welcome to GMN.
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS
                              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X