[Electrical] TPS Calibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Electrical] TPS Calibration?

How do I do it? I know, if it's properly adjusted, I should get .99 on my voltage meter. Either that or I'm using the meter wrong, as I'm not getting any reading.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Id go over to the evil site and try to get the info you need, but that site is blocked here
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I found AODs writeup and it seems to not work.

Maybe my meter is fucked or I'm using the wrong kind of meter.

Comment

Maybe AOD is wrong.

Imagine that!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You using an analog meter, or a DMM? Test it agains something that you know works, see if it registers or anything.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You have to have the harness plugged in and the key on for it to work - green gets the + lead and black gets the negative

this is my handy tester rig I made:

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I drilled my tps mounting holes out on my towncar to try to adjust to see if I could advance it any. It would hold the values for a day and then reprogram back to stock no matter what the position.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

It shouldn't adjust itself, unless its moving around but your ECM is a bit different than ours so maybe it does adjust on a newer car. The adjustment isn't super critical but it should be close to 1.0. The computer will learn what serves as idle position reference but I think it uses something in the .95-1.0 range as the "default" value so getting it in that range to start with isn't a bad idea.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I threw on the TPS that was on the '90, and the CEL is gone, and the car idles beautifully. She starts up nicely too now. No having to feather the gas. AOD's writeup did work, the problem was my lack of reading comprehension.

Comment

Working...
                  X