Odometer/light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer/light problem

ok, recently i bought and installed a new light switch/interior light/instument panel light switch, u pull it out and it can turn..(1992 grand marquis)..my instument panel lights weren't coming on, so i purchased and installed new one.
    right now, i have command start, when i start my car with it, then enter the car, the interior lights come on,(used to/should), but when i put the keys in the ignition and or hit the gas/brake peddle the lights go off..when the switch is pulled back, the high/low beams come on proberly, but my instument panel/dash-driver guage dont come on..
    and at the moment i just recently noticed that my odomitor has stopped and my trip odometer still works..i checked all the plastic small fuses, and now im looking for the problem? would it be 1 of the bigger fuses? or what
    thanks anyhow.
    :banana:

i don't see how installing a new headlight switch would fuck your odo up. only thing i can think of is that the connection going to the switch, there might be a loose or bare wire
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

yepp, actually.. after i replaced the switch it worked fine for about 2months. and it doesnt work, and i just noticed that my ODO dont work either, but my trip ODO works, and my dash/speedometer lights up when car is started with command start, but after key is in and either peddle is touched, the light does not work..i dont know. gonna haveto take it too the ford dealership..
      thanks buddy

Comment

and since the cops pulled me over, now i realize i have no taillights, but brake lights work.and when the car is started with command start, the taillights work? ? some sorta fucken problem.haha

Comment

your car has a possed electrical system,lol

my aunt had an olds cutlass about 3 years ago. driving that was a blast. it had an oil leak and the oil was leaking onto an exposed wire bundle. you hit the brakes and the horn goes off :coocoo: :coocoo: and the windows worked by themselves,lol :banana: :banana:
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Bad grounds can make all the difference in teh world...
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

hahaha. crazystuff
              yepp, got the electrical problem down to pat..
              thanks

:banana: :banana:

Comment

Awesome. Good job man.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                X