12's or less ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12's or less ...

ok who all is running 12.99 or less in the 1/4 mile? and what ya got going on under the hood? ect ...

also how much HP does it take to put a 4,000 lbs car into the 12's?

Comment

Alot....400+ HP and suspension to get it to the ground.

There is a 347 powered marq running 12's or better...Quite a few blown Marauders...

I've only done under 12 in the 1/8th mile...high 9's.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
        Alot....400+ HP and suspension to get it to the ground.

There is a 347 powered marq running 12's or better...Quite a few blown Marauders...

I've only done under 12 in the 1/8th mile...high 9's.
        The Merc with the 347 was running 11.80s, he has since started to build a 460.

Once i get a set of heads and finish hooking up the nitrous i should be able to hit a 12.99. But my car is not 4000#s, figure around 3600-3700 with me in it. Really need to get on some scales.

Engine is: 351W bored .030" over, ported E7 heads, .484/.512 cam, 1.72RRs. Performer RPM Air-Gap intake, Holley 650 carb, mid-legnth headers, gear drives, full MSD ignition.

right now the tranny is a busted AOD, soon to be replaced with a built C4.

3.55 rear with trac-lok, 325/50R15 BFG drag radials, short stiff springs upfront with stiff shocks, rear springs are 97PI springs soon to have stiff shocks, wagon front bar, PI rear bar, boxed control arms.

Mods soon to come, C-4, reverse manual valve body, 3000 stall converter, Roush 200 heads, 125 shot of nitrous, 3-link rear using adjustible control arms with rod ends, watts link.
        Last edited by DuceAnAHalf; 03-01-2006, 10:30 PM.
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

HwyCruiser is running mid-12's with a blown Marauder.
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

12.22 on a weak diff, 12.89 on a one-wheel peel. Getting ready to fit that though and stare straight down the barrel of the 11s. See sig for mods.
            Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

I have a feeling Hwy is going to be the world's fastest panther
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mail Man
                I have a feeling Hwy is going to be the world's fastest panther
                He has a ways to got to catch Marty.
                -Michael

Comment

Trying to chase the "fastest Marauder" title would be way too expensive for my wallet. I'll be happy when I just make it into the 11-second club.

Comment

Originally posted by HwyCruiser
                    Trying to chase the "fastest Marauder" title would be way too expensive for my wallet. I'll be happy when I just make it into the 11-second club.
                    Here a link of Hwy...http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showc...oadfile&i=1727

Comment

Hey Mark, good to see you over here.

Yeah, I made that run first weekend of the season when I found out my traction-loc finally bit the dust. One wheel peels all day. I raced a neon SRT that day and the Marauder wanted to push over to the right lane all the way through 1st gear and well into 2nd and squash it, lol.

At least I got a chance to test out a 100 octane race tune on the big end, so now I'm just waiting the new 31-spline axles, Truetac and 4.30 gears to get installed next week!

Comment

Ya know when i saw that video i wasn't sure if it was something in the rear or your tires were spinning so fast that it looked slow.
                        Good luck with the install and keep us informed or feel and time gains from this.Another marauder into 11'.

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
                          The Merc with the 347 was running 11.80s, he has since started to build a 460.
                          Actually, the fastest I've been is 11.49 @ 113mph. Requarly around 11.66-11.72 depending on weather.

I have the 460, but not persuing it right now. I got a really good motor in the car now thats working nice.

The first pic is from a chevy show that the track put on a points race, so we had to go, & WON. WOOPED UP ON CHEVY ASS The second pic is from another local track. Just a regular bracket race. Ran dead on 7.440 w/ .500 light in the final round, the perfect bracket run. These wins have happened in the past 45 days.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by TheBigBlueTank; 04-29-2006, 09:09 PM.
                          Southern Fried Florida Cracker
                          Not Your Average 450 Horsepower Grandma Car.
                          2002, 2003, & 2006 Team Moroso Member

Comment

Oh man, I'm glad you found us. I love your Merc.
                            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

WOHOO!!! to GMN!!

Comment

Working...
                              X