Stock Police Shocks Vs. KYB GR-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Police Shocks Vs. KYB GR-2?

How do they compare to each other. After I get my rims on I want to upgrade the shocks. Right now I obviously have the stock Police shocks on my vic. I was wondering how the police/taxi GR-2s compare? Are they better? They are pretty damn cheap too so that is why they caught my eye.LOL
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

get the pi fronts same price.......if you want slightly firmer get the kyb gasajust shocks.......they run higher at around 45 a shock
    the gr2's are great and 20 bucks ea cheaper tho
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I checked rock auto and they have gas-a-justs for $39 up front and $37 out back. Not bad so the gasajusts are maybe what I will get. Once I have the money that is.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
        I checked rock auto and they have gas-a-justs for $39 up front and $37 out back. Not bad so the gasajusts are maybe what I will get. Once I have the money that is.LOL
        No kidding? DaYuM good price!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Ya then when I get the monthly code it will be even cheaper.

Comment

Ok, so what do they cost? Because, I just installed my QA1 721-3057s, and I don't think there is any comparison. I got the pair for 110 shipped, but I think retail price is still something like 75 each, not bad at all for such a name brand and quality rebuildable shock. And I am still running a set of 6 year old civilian front springs.

Comment

It is $37 per shock in the rear and $39 per shock per front. The discount code will knock a couple of bux off it.

Comment

I pay around $50 each for my Carrera's. just got 6 more today. installed the rears in the 85, have a full set in there now. Im putting all 4 in the 97 this weekend.
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I've heard people that didn't like that gas-a-just shocks. Said they were too stiff. All of these are Mark VII owners, and some are more performance oriented folks. Not heard complaints about the GR-2 shocks, and some of the folks who didn't like the gas-a-just switched to a GR-2 and were pleased. Take that for what it's worth. I've never tried them, but I do have a set of non-police GR-2 and I like them just fine. I need something more firm in the back tho. I'll have to see if they make a gr-2 shock with the air bag. Sometime I want to re-connect the auto-level suspension on my car and it needs air shocks to happen. That, or I'm gonna install air bags in the back.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got GR-2's in my t-bird sc. I got em cause they were cheap and kyb was finnaly gettin a word for themself's.
                    Yes they are quite stiff but i love em. great handleing on em. Id deff buy em again if i was on a budge. KYB or koni's for me
                    1999 CVPI
                    Old Rides
                    1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                    1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Ya stiffness isn't a biggie for me. I like a really rough ride with the vic. My cargo coils have stiffened it up quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X