No pics until Saturday :( 2001 Grand Marquis SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pics until Saturday :( 2001 Grand Marquis SE

I just bought my wife a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis (4.6L) with the Special Edition Appearence Group/Option package..... 57k on the clock, every option except moon roof and leather. (she prefers the cloth anyway) It's silver with the black 1/2 coach top and the side opera lights; 6 CD changer, memory seats, compass in the mirror, alarm, keyless entry ... a really pretty car. A minor bump on the underside of the bumper but that can be knocked back into shape with a rubber mallet.

Anyway ...where the hell is the keyless entry code sticker on this sucker? It's not on the trunk hinge, there was no original warranty card with the car so it's not in the glove box. HELP!!!!! LOL Thanks!
    Jack (Hizhonor)
    The Lincoln Mark VII Club
    www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org

sigpic

Officially part of the grand marquis club.

Welcome to teh dark side!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Good deal.

Not sure on the keyless entry code. If they still have a seperate module like the older cars, it might have a sticker on that. The module used to be on the passenger side kinda in the footwell area, behind the glovebox.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks, Thain ... that'll be the weekend project... I still need to go over the car a bit closer! :p

Originally posted by gadget73
        Good deal.

Not sure on the keyless entry code. If they still have a seperate module like the older cars, it might have a sticker on that. The module used to be on the passenger side kinda in the footwell area, behind the glovebox.
        Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

Congrats. Ya I was gonna say check the trunk for the code but that is wierd it isn't there.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Some of the pictures of the wife's Grand Marquis ... she was going to work so more will come later of the interior and engine bay!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze22rqp/9...tures/id3.html
            Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

Wow... a vinyl top on a 2001? That's not very common...
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Nice car mang. I'm not one for coach roofs on those cars, but it looks good right there. Congrats:cheers:
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Freshmeat, it's actually a cloth top, says it right there in the description

Jack, that's one really nice ride, may your wife put many trouble-free miles on it

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!! I just added more pictures ... she no sooner got home from work that she got changed and headed off to go shopping! LOL I barely had enough time to take these! LOL

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze22rqp/9...tures/id3.html
                    Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

So I guess this makes you a solidly panther family eh?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Seeeeeeeeeeeeems to be leanin' in dat dere direction! :p

Originally posted by gadget73
                        So I guess this makes you a solidly panther family eh?
                        Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

a dealership put a cloth top and trunk rack on a 03 marauder...didn't sell right away.

as for the code it was the trunk or under dash. I had dealership find it for me in the system. if you go to dealership other than the one wou bought it they try to charge you like $65 to search for it via obdII port. As long as original owner didn't change it it should be under dash. Natehawk found his that way.
                          Last edited by merc6; 03-07-2006, 08:42 PM.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                          2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Thanks, Merc6 .. I needed to go to a Ford dealer today to grab some parts for a friend of mine so I asked my guy behind the counter about it .. he told me two things ..first, the code should be on the LCM behind the kickpanel and second, since the wife is known for losing things, hehehehehe, It'll cost 135.00 for a spare key to be cut and programmed .... WHAT a rip off. I understand the security reasoning for the chip in the key, but that's just damn outrageous.

Jack
                            Jack (Hizhonor)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X