Got the new wagon home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new wagon home.

Got a few surprises, some good, one may be bad.

The good.

It is a factory Z code car. (3.08 trac-loc rear) So I can now sell my extra trac-loc.
    It already has a good set of air shocks on it, so it took me all of 30 seconds to jack up the rear for bigger tires. Looks pretty silly right now with the back up in the air and 14" wheels on it. LOL!
    The seats and carpet are all pretty nice now that I cleaned all the crap out of it.
    The fold up seats are nice, and will work well in my other wagon if I keep them.
    Very little rust.
    Halfway decent paint.
    Came with an extra transmission, for free. (also for sale. LOL)

The bad

The dash pad is busted over the speakers, as usual, unfortunately someone tried to fix one side with duct tape and spray paint.

The tv cable was hanging loose from the throttle and looked as if it had been wired in place at some point. I am hoping the trans is ok, but I am not holding my breath. I do have a C6 I have been looking for an excuse to slap in one anyway.

The exhaust is cut off right after the y pipe. Oh, darn that means I might have to cut of the cats exhaust and put duals on it. Maybe I need to go completely tacky and put on side pipes... ok maybe not.

Wish me luck!
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Congrats man. Just whack the pipes off at the manifolds and run it that way,
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride
      Congrats man. Just whack the pipes off at the manifolds and run it that way,
      LOL! That would be brutal on the ears. I like my car a little loud, but I also like to get out of the car after a long drive without my ears ringing.

Axle codes
      Open/Lock/Ratio #
      -----------------------
      G / H / 2.26
      B / C / 2.47
      8 / M / 2.73
      7 / - / 3.07
      Y / Z / 3.08
      4 / D / 3.42
      F / R / 3.45
      5 / E / 3.27
      6 / W / 3.73
      2 / K / 3.55
      A / - / 3.63
      J / - / 3.85

Comment

Sweet! Ya I remember seeing that wagon you got on ebay. Did it come with that sedan too cause that is how they were trying to sell them. Can't wait to see how you transform this beast.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Actually yes the two cars both went in the same auction. I contacted the winner after it was over and asked about the wagon. He didn't really want it, so we split the cost down the middle, he saved some money, and I got a new toy.

I can't wait to get it road worthy, and liscensed. I hadn't realized how much I have missed my old wagon. When I get this one started real good, I will definately be starting on the other one.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

Nice!
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X