H4 headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 headlights?

What is it? From what I have read, it allows you to change just the bulb instead of the whole housing for the headlight. Is that it? I want to change over to headlights like the new BMW's have (Bright as hell). Is that possible and if so what does it entail?

the headlights you speak of are pretty fuckin bright.

PM 351WCobraVic on CVN, he will have a set for sale...I was gonna buy em, but I got different ideas...

They are a clear housing with a removable bulb, yes. Very Cool, very modern.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeah, I wanna get some of those too, for both my Camaro and the Vic.

Comment

Fuck that camaro.

Dont waste your money

Comment

Ehh...fack you too.

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
            Fuck that camaro.

Dont waste your money
            LOL.
            Now that's not very nice!

Comment

Get over it! :lame: :rebel: :boxing: :crazy2: :thankyou:

Comment

if you buy the h4's make sure you get relays. otherwise its a fucking waste of time.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

uh... sorry... no you don't need relays. Just to change the wiring. Simple procedure too.
                  RIP: a built 412 and AOD that no one can top.
                  13.2 @ 116 1/4 mile in a 4000lb car FOO!!!!!
                  Alive: a Tangerine 1996 Mustang GT with a 4.6L waiting for a supercharger...

Comment

oops, what was i thinking needed relays? aw, fuck it. thanks for correcting me tho.
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

When I did mine, I used the relays. I didn't need my switch burning out or something else going wrong. The only things left on the stock wiring are the High beam lights in the middle. Relays are the shit. I'll post pics later or you can go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/gssn2984 This work computer doesn't let me right click so I couldn't get just the photo. I like them a lot. They are soo good at highbeams that I don't use the middle highs anymore. They don't even light up enough compared to the other ones. All they are hooked up to are the wigwag unit. Plus I love the blue color they give off. Just need to add some LEDs to them now..

[thecount] 7 posts... ah hah hah [/thecount]
                      *To a Circus Theme*
                      I like chicken, lots a chicken.
                      Chick chicka chicken.
                      Chick chicka chicken.
                      Drudadrudadruda drumstick.

Now this is some sig abuse!
                      *NOTE: Work is very boring*

Comment

well...

no you don't need relays, and you don't need your headlight switch when it burns out either. Do it right, use relays, I did and I've never been upset that I did. For a good read on why you should use relays http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

As far as the conversion lights, I use;
                        Stanley H4 High/Low headlamps
                        Cibie H1 high-beam headlamps

from danielsternlighting.com Dan is a great guy and very knowledgeable.

EDIT: I think BMW's use HID lights, very differnt than the H4 conversion, and exspensive if you do it the correct way (not just getting some fagit ass gay blue or purple bulbs) Your lows are not supposed to be super bright, it creates glare and unsafe driving conditions for other drivers, and people like me will find where you live and break out your head lights with a big fucking bat.

SuperFord Profile
                        Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
                        -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
                        -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
                        -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
                        Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

I like my blue though. Mine are very good bulbs though, they are not like those super bright mother fuckers on the road that I see. They put out a good amount of light, a little more than the regular ones and I know how to adjust them. So there is no way I am blinding someone coming at me. I've been adjusting all my lights for years because I hate the assholes that dont.
                          *To a Circus Theme*
                          Chick chicka chicken.
                          Chick chicka chicken.
                          Drudadrudadruda drumstick.

Now this is some sig abuse!
                          *NOTE: Work is very boring*

Comment

Originally posted by gsn2984
                            I like my blue though. Mine are very good bulbs though, they are not like those super bright mother fuckers on the road that I see. They put out a good amount of light, a little more than the regular ones and I know how to adjust them. So there is no way I am blinding someone coming at me. I've been adjusting all my lights for years because I hate the assholes that dont.
                            Yeah, me too.

Comment

Xenon. That's what their called. I believe that's what I want.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQg...sortpropertyZ1

As somebody stated earlier; super expensive, but this is what I want. Is it possible?

Comment

Working...
                              X