A Newbie in SHOCK...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie in SHOCK...!!!

First off I would like to say hello to everybody, Hello! Second, I can't believe there's a site like this for people that are 'into' these kinds of cars.....I'm not alone!!! I have an 88' GM Colony Park and tell people that don't know about them that it's the one with the wood on the side (hence the screen name)......

My grandfather bought it in 90' with 10k and I bought it from him about 3 years ago with about a 100k more. I first said 'I'll take it' because he gave me a really good deal on it and growing up with it as a kid I couldn't see it go for sentimental reasons. Now I never really liked it all that much while he had it (partly because I never drove it, too young) but as I drove it more and more after I got it I was 'sold'. Fast forward a few years and everything mechanical is %100 (finally) and it runs/drives like new, so that's where I am now. Looking to do a few things, namely performance, which I'll be asking about. I just want to scan the forums first to see if they have already been asked. The only non-stock thing I have done is fitted a set of 17-inch 02' Mustang GT rims on it for the summer months and surprisingly I have received many compliments of how much better (and even cool) it looks......

'Talk' to all of you soon.....

Welcome! Always good to have another wagon around here.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

:boyhowdy:
      :picsorst:

I'm sure most of the questions you could possibly have are already answered, but do feel free if your searching does not net you enough help. Great bunch of guys here and PLENTY of tech to go around.

got pics?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

to GMN!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Welcome!
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome! We need pics!!!
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

to GMN!!!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Welcome!! Pics!!!!!
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Welcome mang ...now:picsorst:
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Pics of the wagon, that is...
                      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Sorry for not posting any pics, I don't have any good ones right now. I promise I'll get some when I get my GT wheels on and get it cleaned up. Right now it looks fugly with the stock turbines (winter wheels that have NEVER been cleaned) and snow tires, also as of now a thick layer of salt. Yes I do drive it in the winter and I hate it, but it makes me money so I have no choice......

Comment

I hope you at least clean the salt off when you drive it.:coolshades:
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Welcome!!
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                              I hope you at least clean the salt off when you drive it.:coolshades:

I will when the roads dry up a little, we just got 3 inches of the white stuff. It's not worth it when you drive 2 miles from the car wash and it looks the same as before you went.....

Comment

Working...
                              X