Might be getting a new radio for teh Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be getting a new radio for teh Vic

My friend just picked up a '95 GMC Safari, and he's going to trade me the cd deck for the Silverstar headlights I had on the Suburban. The only problem is that it's a flipdown faceplate, and the faceplate is sort of broken. I'm going to have to try to rebuild the "face" of the deck. It's a Pioneer DEH-P250. It has an aux out, a cd changer hookup(I'm going to get an adapter like Blaze has for my mp3 player)and if I ever go with XM, this radio is ready for it.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Sweet....
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You can order parts directly from Pioneer online. I ordered a few small parts for my old deck awhile back.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The 2xx series is really low-end, but if you're digging it, roll with it!
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

My friend got around to getting it to me last night. From the looks of it, I just need a new faceplate. There's nothing on the front of the deck indicating that something snapped or broke on the deck. I've heard it, and it sounds pretty good. My friend was running it with 4 Lightning Audio 6 1/2" speakers, and 2 4" Boston Acoustic speakers, and it pounded. He hasn't even added his subs yet.

I might upgrade mine to the Lightning Audio. They're made by Rockford Fosgate and they sound AWESOME.
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I heard Lightning was crappy now, I assumed that's why walmart started carrying their products. :p
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Wal-Mart also carries Pioneer head units and that's all I buy.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I know, I was just kiddin'...walmart sells some decent stuff.
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

lightning audio is part of rockford fosgate

Comment

I got lightning audio in my car, in teh front doors, they sound pretty good.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

And kraco is a part of JBL, but it doesn't mean it's any good....LOL
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

And kraco is a part of JBL, but it doesn't mean it's any good....LOL
                        Ha! those are the speakers you would see laying on the package trays of mid 70s f bodies in the 80s.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                        X