AlternAtor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AlternAtor question

So what is the factory amp output, and anyone know a good place to good a retrofit high output alternator.
    =embharris
    AIM: Embharris1984
    Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

It should be 130 amps for your car, uh you could re do it to use the new 200 amp one, but I do not see a need to do so, unless you have a 40 amp lightbar, and about 3 motorola radios? 130 is higher than most cars ever were in the 80's-early 90's. 130 will push a really decent stereo amp system, if thats what you are after, add a capacitor or 2.

Comment

Reason is that I have had FBSS air suspension installed
      =embharris
      AIM: Embharris1984
      Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

Comment

WTF is FBSS air suspension? Why does it require so many amps? Factory air susp dont take squat.

Comment

ok i did a google, the pump doesnt appear to have very big wiring, so I still wonder how many amps it draws.

Comment

I thought only 95+ had the 135a stock alt to run the fan. If not, go to the bone yard and find the alt out of a 95-97 panther and take the power wire too cause it should be thicker. Im not sure but I don't think you have a 130a alt. One of those in good shape will be more than enough for most all your needs.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I am thinking all 92+ have at least a 130 amp

Comment

The CVPI's have the 130 on 92-94 the civi's have 95. I checked around a little. He's got a 95amp unless it was changed already.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

95 is still usually plenty, as I know of no police car drawing 95 amps, with everything on. 130 is just added capability, but not necessary

Comment

Working...
                  X