Paint For Steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint For Steelies

I want to repaint my steelies. How do I go about doing this. just sprey um? They have some scratches and rust. What paint should I use?
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

You could take a wire wheel or something to them, if you have the tools. Clean 'em up, prime 'em and paint 'em.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

:stupid: That is all I did. Just use any rattle can paint. It really doesn't matter for the paint it is how well you prep the surface and if you have a good primer.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I always clean mine up, sand any rusty areas, wipe it down with some reducer, to make sure it is clean.. and then use high heat engine paint... it just seems to last longer... I just did the spare tire rim for the 84... Found a rim and a brand new tire at the junkyard today... the tire still had the little nubbies on it... and a steel rim to fit my car.... I did have some odd ball rim for a spare... anyway, cleaned it up, (Purple Power works great!) painted it, and had the tire mounted and balanced... looks like a new spare! I even took a can of yellow paint, and sprayed one "spot" of paint on the inside of the rim, like it came from the factory... I think that is some code thing at the factory, so the tire installer can just look at the rim for the right size tire... so he doesn't go blind trying to read the little numbers!!! (Found the yellow spot after I cleaned all the grime off of it!)
        Rear shot of the tire and rim:

Front:

Tom...
        Last edited by trwp72; 03-12-2006, 08:11 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Working...
        X