Broke my power locks and power seats today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke my power locks and power seats today

I was flushing the cooling system today and I probably got too much water on the fusible links next to the windsheild washer/coolant reservior. Its either that or somehow something got damaged when I was removing the coolant tank to clean it out.

So now the power seats and power locks do not work, but everything else including the power mirrors and power windows work fine. Checked the fuse box (the one under the dash) and I didn't find any blown fuses but I'll check again.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Also, are they on the same link/circuit or do I have a short?
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:

Comment

I think that was coincidence.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Found this bit of info on the "other site".

"There are two fuses to check. One is a 30amp fuse (feeds the door lock relays--which are in the passenger kick panel, one for locking, one unlock). Also does power seats.

And a 15amp fuse that feeds to the door switches. It also does your courtesy lamps, power mirrors, clock, and radio. "

Makes sense I guess, I thought I might have blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker. The cd player starting skipping and shutting off and then it was fine. A minute later I realized I couldn't adjust my power seat.

However, the haynes manual is not specific on what fuse it is and the fuse box is not labeled in my car. It says their might be a circuit breaker, but I have no idea where it is.

Associated Panthers:

Comment

Working...
        X