Acck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acck!

Driving to work last night, and the brake light came on. I then tapped the brakes and the pedal went right to the floor. Got to work and my master cylinder was empty. :jawdrop: I added brake fluid, but it was raining out, and the car was dripping everywhere so I couldn't really see if any of the brake lines were busted. So either I blew another line, or the master cylinder decided to start leaking into the brake booster. It's still raining and the car is still dripping so finding out what's wrong is going to be a bitch.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Prolly the line for the rear brakes....by the trans crossmember...or a hose somewhere ....
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I don't think it's the line going from the master cylinder to the rear drivers side, as I just had that replaced. And I've been going to my mechanic for as long as I've been driving. When I had the car in for the brake line, he did a faux inspection as he doesn't do inspections anymore. He did it for free, and I just noticed the other night that he replaced one of my marker lights in front. The bulb had burned out and I had not gotten around to replacing it. I had just the parking lights illuminated and was like , they're all working, lol. I'm just gonna go out there and see if I can't see a crimped rubber line or something.

Comment

It is one of the rear lines, just not the one I replaced. I went out and had my friend pump the brakes while I was looking under the car. Nothing in front. Got to the back, and when he pumped 'em, I got a bath in DOT-3. :barf3:

The line that goes across the axle is the one that blew. I'm going to have to price one out.

Comment

That sucks man
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Make one. I doubt you'll find a replacement but brake line sections are cheap and you can probably bend that piece by hand easily enough.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I LOVE that brake light. Mine came on about a month ago. I had the brake line fixed and was back on the street the same day.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

fill it up,find teh leak and fix it lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

no brakes suck, blew both my front flew lines in the same week, killed the master cyl next week, drove it pumping the brakes to stop for a month
                  jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

I found the leak, and it's the line going across the back axle. How exactly are the brakes setup back there. I only had a moment to glance under there, as we got 3" of the white stuff today. Is there a proportioning valve that feeds the back wheel cylinders, or does the line go all the way to the master cylinder? If it's a proportioning valve, I should be able to pick a line up and take it from there. My yard is still a mudfield lol.

Comment

One line goes from the MC to the proportioning valve, which is located on the frame directly below the MC itself. One line goes rearward from that block to the hose that jumps to the axle. The hose on the axle should thread into a distribution block, but its not a proportioning valve, just like a T fitting essentially.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Isn't there a rubber line that drops to the axle from the chassis?
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I believe so
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Well, I finally got some snow cleared so that I could jack the car up. The line that blew goes from drum to drum.

It goes from the drivers side drum across the rearend, bends over the differential, across to the passenger side drum. Tomorrow, assuming I get some cash, I'm going to pick up a short line, and a brake line flare tool. How do I cut the line so that nothing gets in there when I'm making the cut?

Comment

With a tubing cutter, of course!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X