Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears

Can't find the axle tag on my 87, and the door sticker is missing? Is it supposed to be on the differential cover or somewhere else? I think I have a 2.73 Locker from what I can tell (VIN is 2MEBM72F9HX......).

If I have 2.73's, I think 3.55's sound like a resonable upgrade.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Tag is on the rear cover. Looks like this:

Usually on one of the top bolts on the cover but if the gears have been changed, or maybe if its been serviced its possible the tag wasn't re-installed or it got broken off somehow. If you don't have the axle tag or the door sticker, you'll have to actually jack the back of the car up and count the turns on the wheel required to get a full turn out of the driveshaft.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

...he means turns of the driveshaft to get a full turn of the wheel.
      Right?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Working...
      X