FUCKIN SHUTTER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUCKIN SHUTTER!

hey i got my first transmission shudder last night! MERCON V this time. thats what i get for getting my tranny and oil changed at one of thoes cheap ass oil change places. well, guess that means only one thing. appointment at the lincoln mercury dealership on monday. the ford dealer here is worthless and the sales staff is assholes, service department has no parts for the crown vic and when i went in for a warantee repair (horn went out) it took 5 days.

FUCKIN TRANNY SHUDDER

I thought you had an 01?
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Join the club.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I saw the word "shutter" and thought: "hey, photography". Then, I opened this thread and was disasterously disapointed. :p

Find yourself a reputable mechanic for the things you can't do yourself. I have mine. Only those three guys are the ones I trust with my cars. And, for christ's sake, stay away from those cheapy quick lube joints. Quick Lube spelled backwards is "Gonna fuck you over and take your money".

Comment

sorry dude. actually, my flash card developed an "error" i need to go buy another one. do they wear out on digi cams?

it says right on my sig 2001P73 HPP. ive moved a few times with it, dragged all my belongings and furnature and stuff. its been good to me. shit happens, ya fix it. enjoy life... it fucks up enough, you get a brand new shiney one.. or used one, i mean PRE-OWNED

Comment

I think they used the updated accumulators in the 01+ trannys so I don't know what could cause your issue, unless it was a broken spring. Im willing to bet that the quick lube did not use mercon V and that is what your trouble is.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yea its been shifting into OD wierd in the last few weeks, feels like its taking a big log of a shit into the toilet and going "ahhhh, ohyea" right into overdrive, instead just shifting nice and quick...

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                I think they used the updated accumulators in the 01+ trannys so I don't know what could cause your issue, unless it was a broken spring. Im willing to bet that the quick lube did not use mercon V and that is what your trouble is.
                I have yet to see a quick lube place use Merc V in one of those flush machines.

Comment

They try to get away with using regular mercon III and an "additive"

Bullshit.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The shudder in my car is just a misfire.
                    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

shutter today was alot less thanthe othernight, and last night almost none. now is mercon V read "mercon five" or "mercon vee"

Comment

Five
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

thought so, just didnt wanna look like an idiot....

Comment

I would recommend the shop I go to. bobs fast lube they do what you say. and they love "COP cars" LOL. Also for your crappy tranny check your plugs/cops. Not sure how to check them. but the 92 lx had a crap load of shutter and jerking when I first got it. then changed the wires and plugs because the ohms weren't within spec. And then rar like a perfect tramp on race day.
                            http://dreadfullydespized.net
                            This is a sig-nature.

Comment

flush and filter, problem solved for me for now. shifts wayyyy easier into OD too

Comment

Working...
                              X