Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk back together!!!!

Hello all!!!!

Well, the trunk is back together... I got the replacement trunk floor out of another car... but I was begged to bring the car to a show... And the guy that has it loves my police cars... So it was hard for me to refuse...
    So I HAD to do something quick... I took some 1/4 plywood... cut it to fit the floor, undercoated it with 3M undercoating, cut out the old rust, ospho'ed it to kill any remaining rust ... and then undercoated the floor, then just dropped the "patch panel" in place.... Then I used the undercoat in the entire trunk area, including the "patch" panel... looks like metal! It doesn't look bad, and will do for now until my friend at the body shop has time to put the new floor in... So the carpet is back in, and it looks brand new after scrubbing it with purple power and a stiff brush.... alot of oil stains in it before... NONE now!!!!! It looks brand new now.... I have to get some replacement grey carpeting for the cover that goes over the tailights on the inside of the trunk (On either side of the lock) the carpeting that was on it fell off... so all that is left is some ugly black fiberboard looking stuff.... I am also going to make two "wing" pieces to cover the side wells, out of some 1/4 inch plywood, and paint them with undercoat too... and then use some screws along the edge of the well to screw them down... The carboard ones always fall own into the wells.. and I hate that.... This way they will stay put. Besides there is already three holes on either side.. right where I need them... maybe the Trooper that had the car did the same thing??? Either that, or they had some sort of equipment mounted there....

And for all of you people.... It got too dark tonight before I got done, to take any... i'll post some tommorow, after the show....
    Last edited by trwp72; 03-17-2006, 08:36 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Cool. Seeing your car makes me want a baby LTD. Of course, I'd do mine up as an LTD LX.

And you never said anything about the :ttiwwop: people. :p
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Gotta make do with what you got!
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

trwp72, when I say your topic I thought you already have the new bottom welded in. But hey, as long as there's no hole in there it's all good By the way I don't generally like "baby" LTDs too much, but yours sure makes for a good exception of the rule.

Comment

Well, here is the pictures of the trunk....

and the spare and new jack...

The box in the trunk contains:
          Print kit
          evidence kit
          camera for "crime scene" photos....
          blood alcohol test kit
          rain coat
          Lug wrench, that you keep loose so you can use it in case you need to pry a door or what ever before Fire/ EMS gets there!

And of course, flares, Fire extinguisher, and first aid kit!!

Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
          Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Thats gonna be a museum piece after you're done!
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Looking real good there Tom you've got one clean car!!!

Comment

Working...
              X