1989 Ford Crown Victoria *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Ford Crown Victoria *DUW*

I have yet to name this one. A little more work and it will be good to go. Currently running on the 14's because those tires are near new condition. Don't mind the missing fender lens. Damn thing broke while turning the bulb out. Gotta see if there's a couple at the yard. She'll look even better when the clear corners get here.

Last edited by monterey1962; 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM.

Looks great Monte. Is it just me, or does the '89 sit higher than S.U.?
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Justin, I might have a fender lens for ya. And do you have a high-res pic of the bottom one with S.U. and the Vic together?
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Looks good mang! Is the undercarrage as clean as the exterior?
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Is it just me, or does the '89 sit higher than S.U.?
          Yes. The CV is higher in the front. My 3Ton floor jack will just barely fit under the front center plate of S.U. The jack clears the CV by over an inch. The back ends are close. I'll take measurements when I remember and post the numbers. I would like to put new rear springs in the CV someday.

Is the undercarrage as clean as the exterior?
          Pretty much.

I might have a fender lens for ya.
          Cool. I'll let you know if I find anything 'round here. Gonna try for the yard tomorrow, but the weather isn't looking good.

And do you have a high-res pic of the bottom one with S.U. and the Vic together?
          Yes, and why?

This car is a lot nicer than I thought it was when I bought it. Like I said, it needs a little more work, but for what the car is, I'm not going to complain.

Comment

Yes, and why?
            Wallpaper material. I had a pic of JonW's '89 this week. Every week I try to switch out the pics to another box(es).
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

It's a bit of a crummy pic. I cropped the ugly apt. building out as much as possible. Hopefully I'll get both cars somewhere there is a nice background. Don't know if I want my mom to drive either of 'em. Last time I let her drive S.U. she didn't want to give her back.
              Last edited by monterey1962; 08-30-2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

SWEET

Very clean!

I love those front ends!
                Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

where you getting the clear lenses from?
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

WOW that is clean man. throw a set of turbines on, better yet some of those crager ss's lol and good to roll
                    1999 CVPI
                    Old Rides
                    1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                    1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                      where you getting the clear lenses from?
                      Boxman.

The turbines are staying off of the '89. The two turbines with the good tires are becoming the spares for the '88 and '89. If I had the money, I'd get a set of Cragar SS's just for kicks, but we all know that would start a chain reaction that would take away from S.U. That isn't going to happen.

Comment

nice!
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i think i have some clears somewhere lol. i sure would like to have some more "yellows" if anyone has some

Comment

Originally posted by beep_beep
                            i think i have some clears somewhere lol. i sure would like to have some more "yellows" if anyone has some
                            I'll have extra yellows when I get my clears . . . .

Comment

Really nice car. Altho I can't really dig the color...and I definately can't dig those hubcaps. Sorry man lol.
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                              X