WTF do I do with Mustang Cobra springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF do I do with Mustang Cobra springs?

I just got a set. Not sure what to do with them. I dont remember how long an uncompressed p71 spring is. I wonder if they will be stiffer? I know the rates are different, but? I wanna try this but do not feel like finding out I gotta put the old one back in.

I'd think they are softer than the PI springs...check the suspension stickies in the suspension forum for all the spring info... IIRC 12" uncompressed
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

They are a bit over 12", I think they are a little more than 13" in fact.

Comment

They are made for a much lighter car tho. Id think it would be like putting small block springs in a big block car.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

4 cylinder springs in a 5.0 stang....

The trick in the day was eibach F150 springs...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
            4 cylinder springs in a 5.0 stang....

The trick in the day was eibach F150 springs...
            Yup, exactly. Speaking of stang/fox springs, weren't the T-Bird TC springs the same as the FRPP "C" springs?
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
              Yup, exactly. Speaking of stang/fox springs, weren't the T-Bird TC springs the same as the FRPP "C" springs?

Not sure on that, but the "C" springs are the same springs that came out of the baby LTDs with the 5.0
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Sell them on Corral...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
                  I just got a set. Not sure what to do with them. I dont remember how long an uncompressed p71 spring is. I wonder if they will be stiffer? I know the rates are different, but? I wanna try this but do not feel like finding out I gotta put the old one back in.
                  I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH'EM. SCREW INTO THE STU'S ASS AND THROW HIM AGAINST THE FLOOR TO SEE HOW TALL HE CAN REBOUND, iT'S A GOOD WAY TO SEE HOW STIFFER THESE SPRINGS ARE. :devilspin:

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
                  MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

:lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X