To blackout or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To blackout or not

I was wondering what to do. The chrome around the side windows is the only chrome on the car other then my centercaps and tips. I was wondering to black it out. What do you guys think?
    Here it is how it is now.

Here it is with the chrome around the windows blacked out.

And here it is with with the b pillars blacked out with the chrome blacked out.

There is the general idea but I have chrome rims that are going on soon so I don't know. I think the black out cleans up the look alot.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Beleive it or not, soem dude on CVN did it awhile back, and did a how-to.

Always intrigued me.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I think I'd leave the "b-pillar" white...other than that...get rid of that chrome! It looks so out of place on new cars.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Black it out!!!

Comment

I'd keep the b-pillar white. When I first saw that photochop, the first thing that came to mind was a late '80's fwd Lincoln Cuntinental. And that's not a pleasant image.
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I like it with the pillars black.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

black it all!!! btw what size tires are those again? got any closer pics of how tall and wide they are??
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Black pillars and chrome around the windows. Clean and classy
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Definitely black out the chrome. As for the pillar, I don't know. Looks good either way.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                    black it all!!! btw what size tires are those again? got any closer pics of how tall and wide they are??
                    They are 225/70's. I just wanted a taller tire that would fill the gap didn't really care how wide they were cause it isn't like I have traction issues. They are sweet in the snow I haven't got stuck but I only drove it once in the snow cause I had to. I think I will start off with blacking out the chrome then go from there. When it is warmer I will do it cause my dad has extra vynal to black it out from when he did his car.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

black pillars!

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                        Black pillars and chrome around the windows. Clean and classy
                        I SECOND THAT, WELL SAID MANG.

ATT, SNIPER 308. THE MASTER OF THE DARK SIDE.
                        MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Working...
                        X