Rebuilding a 302....Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding a 302....Ideas?

As soon as I get the shop, I'm taking the engine out of the TC and rebuilding it. When it's done, it's going in the Vic.
    I've not done much research on what I want to do with it. I just know I want something with good amount of horsepower, but not something that's going to consume rediculous amounts of gas. Something mid-range, with good horsepower and torque, but not a race car. It's going to be my daily driver still, and eventually I'm going to do the manual tranny swap.

Here are the only ideas I have so far. I need to know what's best:

E7 Heads
    GT Heads
    HO Heads

What are the advantages/disadvantages to any of these? What else should I do to the engine?

My Photo Album

the heads you speak of are one and teh same.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Get a set of GT40P heads....unless you have to run the stock computer schtuff...

Comment

GT40P's are the ones that need the special exhaust headers right? And the GT40's do not require special headers....?

Comment

Correct...but you can find used headers on Ebay that fit the P heads...

Comment

save your money and get a set of performance ported thumper e7 heads
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
              scott
              Are these better than the GT-40 heads?

My Photo Album

Comment

ive got like 4 sets of heads i think 2 are for a 351w and the others are for a 302 but i dont know if they are e7's or not
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by LTDPotential
                  Originally posted by lincolnmania
                  scott
                  Are these better than the GT-40 heads?
                  yes.......they are better than the gt40x's
                  www.thumperoforangepark.com

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                  X