X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that should look good, I think

Just a little something I got in the mail today:

And here's how it looks on my friend Becky's 2002 Mustang Convertible:

Are you gonna cut a hole in the hood for it?

Id be afriad of killing a sensor or two.. But it'd look awesome!
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Hell yeah I'm gonna cut the hood for it! TPS and the mess behind the intake will be protected by an aluminum or stainless steel plate that diverts air and water towards the sides of the engine (no sensors there), and there will also be a stainless steel plate to cover the air-gap in the front of the scoop when it's raining so it doesn't suck too much water. Main reasons for the scoop are a) it's badass, and b) it's gonna lower engine bay temperature and help cool the intake

Comment

Looks good! Has your front always been like that? I like it.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

nope, it was all baby blue originally, but I got into an accident last November and had to replace the header panel and the hood - got them i white with the intention of painting them blue, but eventually got lazy and just sprayed the sides of the hood.

Comment

WOW that will look absolutely insane!!! im making a functional 3" cowl/cobra r style hood but that has me thinkin about a scoop instead...

Comment

and actually i do a lot of work on my friend's and some friends of friends cars and one of my clients has a reworked 96gt auto mustang that just might have to get one of those sombitches!

Comment

Ivan D --- Where did you get that scoop, and what is the name, stock number on it??? I have a friend that is looking for something like that for his 89 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT.... The car is presently all black.... he just did a 5000.00 paint job on it... (IF he had to pay for it.. he works in a body shop) So putting this on the car and spotting the hood is no problem for him...

that would look wicked on his 'Stang....

Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Trwp72, check your inbox, you have a PM now

Comment

Go for it. I'd love to see how it comes out. (I use to own a '89 TC. I'm still a Town Car fan).

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X