Another newb in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newb in the house

Yo, ended up here like i think a lot of others did cause well it seems like this is the place for boxers, grand marquis gt has done a great job, and people here have a ton of info along with love for some of the greatest cars ever.

Bought mine back in Dec. after I had a revelation that told me to sell my 95 saab 900 and buy an old cop car. Always been fascinated w/ them ever since the Blues Bros. 15 mins later on Autotrader.com found my car 30 mins. away. $1900 later...

Car: 1991 CHiPs Supervisor's Car (my friend Jim called it "standard narc" green) Crown Vic LTD, 351w, 2bbl Holley

Status: Paint: Clear coat on Hood, Roof, Trunk, all fried (along now w/ aod gettin it rebuilt hopefully soon), interior: excellent (backseat mint), body is pretty cherry, engine runs super smooth after tune up and carb rebuild, front pass. window sticks.

Needs tranny rebuild immdeiately. Soon: valve cover gaskets, front bearings. Could use new bushings, shocks, brake pads. Some day 4bbl carb., mods. to air intake and engine (shiny shiny chrome)
    Overall I plan to keep her real stock lookin for that sleeper effect. Though this being lowrider country something keeps calling me to get a hood mural.
    Last edited by 91 LTD; 03-23-2006, 09:44 AM.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Nice , and welcome!!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thanx mang, and to GMN!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Before finding this place I thought I was crazy and the only one that thought these cars are cool, though the roller rink scene in Hustle & Flow showed me I was on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
          Before finding this place I thought I was crazy and the only one that thought these cars are cool, though the roller rink scene in Hustle & Flow showed me I was on to something.
          Roller rink scene?

Tell us more.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
            Roller rink scene?

Tell us more.
            You've senn Hustle & Flow right?

Comment

"standard narc" green
              :lol:

Welcome to GMN!

Comment

not too many rap fans here... nice vic!
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hustle & Flow surprised me an I'm ultra citical. A must rent for all fans of large square american cars, great flick, very inspiring. Every Body Gotta Have a Dream.

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

That's one of the best movies I have ever seen!
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                        That's one of the best movies I have ever seen!
                        Normally I "don't believe the hype" but I rented it anyway and loved it. How kickass is the roller rink scene?

Comment

Working...
                        X