2002 non-pi blackhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 non-pi blackhawk

I'm a current owner of a 1987 5.0L MGM and I have recently have peeked interrest of the 4.6L younger family members due to the mass air systems ability to adapt to changing of parts and modification. and the overall general look of the vehicles. I'd like to first ask, what modifications can be done to a mass air 4.6L that the stock computer would allow (emissions suck here) also I have my interrest set to a 2002 CV 4.6 (blackhawk knockoff maybe?)

you can view it here, dont know if its a real one or not but its there if ya wanna view.

http://www.easterns.com/easterns/veh...aspx?vid=22856

I was wondering if this is a real blackhawk or not and if normal mods, flowmaster exhaust, k&N filter, was thinkin maybe a PI head sawp if able to do so, block and head complience , along with compatablity with emissions and computer control... anyone with any feedback would be greatly appricated. Thanks....

BTW... I'm a newbie... any hints would be nice.
    1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

That's a stock LX sport

All 2001 up Panthers have the PI motor like this 2002 does

A swap to the Maurauder airbox/MAF and a computer tune will gain 15-20 RWHP. Flowmaster mufflers will only make more noise not more hp with the stock pipes. Full exhaust with X pipe and longtube headers will gain a few HP. Lots of stuff to search for
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

So in other words, its got the same motor and heads as the police interceptor version... PI heads about $1,000 no need for forged internals unlike boost
      1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

an '02 already has PI heads/cams/intake.
        2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

I thank ya's for the clearification on that, I assume that the 2002 model still uses front and rear coil spring suspension, anyone know of some good springs to drop the front 1 - 1.5" and lift the rear the same maybe, give it a little more aggressive stance. this is assuming its the same setup as my 87

Comment

So in other words, its got the same motor and heads as the police interceptor version
            Yes, but just so we are clear PI in this case does not mean Police Interceptor. It means Perfromanced/Power Improved.

Until 2004 the police interceptor has the exact same engine as a civilian crown victoria.
            -Michael

Comment

Ford never produced the Blackhawk, only a package concept. Never happened, Instead they did the Marauder.

Comment

You do also of course realize that 5.0L MAF are not a rare thing. They were never in boxs but they are on everything else that ran a 5.0L after 92 /91 I think. My current engine/ECU is a MAF setup.

Comment

yeah come to think of it some were speed density, maf, or map

Comment

Yeah, I was taking look at ur pics blaze admire ur work, the HO looks quite at home under the box's hood. I'm not that good with electrical so a MAF conversion would be something i would need detailed instructions on... there are quite a few boneyards in the area im sure i could gather the items needed rather easily. I was also wondering blaze u using the block type or rod type TV linkage and did u use the matching ECM for ya motor or just ur MAF conversion? other words motor/maf/ecm all from same car?

Comment

Motor = crate 94-95 HO (heafers to throttle body from the factory)
                      MAF = used to be from 94 PI...now I don't know random MAF from the extra MAF sensor draw at my Dad's shop. Just started swapping till it work good and gave good voltages.
                      ECU = 92 Cougar

If you go with an engine from the 92 Cougar (pretty much the same thing) you can just take the entire wiring/sensor/TV/ECU setup. The only problem with using an ECU from the 94-95 Mustang is that they came with a T5 or an AODE. So if you do the 5 speed swap, you can just take that as well.

Comment

this was the blackhawk concept. instead they made the lx sport.
                        Attached Files

2000 HPP Mods
                        15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
                        9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

i still like the blackhawk rims better than the lx sport rims.
                          2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

I wish they still had the cobra vic bumper covers.
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                            X