Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust & Tire questions....

PorkChop again....
    Ive been reading through the site info and would like to remove the smog pump and the A/C. Would there be any effect on the motor by removing the smog pump? I know there are two small pipes that run from the smog pump to the exhaust. Do you just cut the pipes and weld the holes shut? I plan on duals in the future. I plan on running stock steel wheels with dog dish hub caps and trim rings but what i would like to know is if i put a 1 inch spacer behind the rear wheel to center the tire better would i be able to run a wider tire on the stock wheel? I run 225/75/15s in the rear right now. Could i run a 255/70/15????????? I would like to make the wheel well look like its full of tire instead of the way it looks now( the rear end being narrower than the front end!!!)

Thanx for the info its helped out alot PorkChop

the smog pump can be removed with no adverse affect, unless your area requires emmisions.....you will need to block off the tube to the exhaust and plug the check valve on the engine
    run a 255/60/15 on the stock 15x7 wheels.....the 255/70/15's are a little tall it will throw the speedo way off and you will lose gear......no spacers needed
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yup, get rid of the A/C and smog pump, i did on my car...and it seems to run a little better...if i understand corectly, the pump only supplies air to the catilitic converters to burn up unburnt fuel.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
      X