Performance shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance shocks?

Bilsteins worth it or is Gas-A-Just the call? Looking for performance.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Bilsteins and edelbrock are the way to go. Of course, Im partial to my edelbrocks and they have dust boots too! Edelbrock quit making them however so once jegs/summit ect run out they're done.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Leaning towards Gas-a-just as I forgot to mention I am planning some trips to Baja and would prob trash Bilsteins but I do want performance so... Shockwarehouse.com has some (not all) shocks cheaper than rockauto.
      Last edited by 91 LTD; 03-25-2006, 04:59 AM.

Comment

QA1s, I just installed a set in the front of my Vic, and there is no comparison.

Comment

how do the GYB GR2's compare?
          a member has some for sale here if you are interested.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I put the Gas-a-Just on mine and it made an immediate and positive difference. Good bargain for the money
            MY 02 GM
            jdmotorsports.org
            04/05 ASC Championship car
            2nd ASC Team car

Comment

gas-a-justs are stiffer than the GR2 shocks. I'm rather pleased with my GR-2s, and there is a rather good buy on them in the classifieds if you're interested.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Appreciate all the info. Still savin the pennies to fix the tranny. Was bored and was thinking about my wish list for the Vic.

Comment

Well 91LTD I buy the 4 Motorcraft Police shocks and i'm very satisfied how they looks like btw it has a kit included so lets see when they're installed i'm just waiting to get the "NN/NUL" Police springs and !waaaasaaaaa!

ATT, SNIPER 308. "FORGET THE GERIATRIC BAT,MY GARDEN NEEDS ATTENTION" Batman Forever.
                  MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Working...
                  X