Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Exhaust upgrade complete on my 01 P-73!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Exhaust upgrade complete on my 01 P-73!!!

I got the walker system and 4 2" clamps from Rock auto for $223 including the shipping!! I did not think I needed the cat flange gaskets, but I did!! Got those for $2.20 ea from a local store

The mufflers that come with the system are 19.75" x 10" for the case 25" overall length

This would be identical to the 17746 Super Turbo
    WLK-17746

So if one wants to order the walker pipes, you can get those super turbos and weld on the hanger brackets and the J pipe like the pic above and bingo sweet system.

I just finished my install some pics here Exhaust pics

Pat installed the same system and took some better pics Pats pics

I went to the junkyard yesterday and scored the brackets I needed

F8AC-5D255AE is the drivers side muffler hanger, it's impossible to remove from a car with the exhaust pinned to the ground, I did find one on top of another car!!

The tailpipe hanger is F8AC-5A235-AA

This is a plastic part, I saw a few broken ones in the 2 other 98-00 P-71's that were in the junkyard (The famous P-71 turned into cabs then driven into the ground)

My pass hanger on the 01 is metal. All the hangers bolted right in, all the holes etc were in the exact spots needed

The rubber donuts are E8VC-5F262-AA, I got 4 good ones from the boneyard.
    Last edited by Chevyguy; 03-26-2006, 11:16 PM. Reason: Add teh pix
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

I just think its interesting they've been using the same H pipe since the beginning. Not sure why, but I'd have expected it to change with the engine. Glad someone in the engineering department thought "you know, there really is no reason to change 2/3 of this exhaust system. Lets just make the front part fit what we already have and save ourselves some time and money".
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks nice!:coolshades:
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

sweet!
        When I did mine, I used a universal hanger for the extra muffler, worked fine.

Comment

Someday I want to do the dual exhaust upgrade but I'm not sure if I can get away with using non-stainless steel parts. I live in the mega-salt belt of NYS.

Is that diff cover stock?? Looks nice. Mine is "rust" colored. :nonono:
          1995 Grand Marquis LS, digi dash, loaded
          124,000 miles

Mods:99 PI steering gear, harsh rear IAS shocks, front KYB gas adjusts, HPP rims with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, Walker dual exhaust with direct fit Magnaflow cats

Comment

Looks good. Price wasn't too bad either. I just cringe at the stock exhaust though, I know that the stock stuff just isn't enough....It's better than the single, but for around 75 bucks more you could get a 2.25 or 2.5" custom cat back and get even more power.

I went from a stock dual exhaust with the 2 front cats removed (mustang headers) and straightpipes in place of the mufflers, to a 2.5" with high flow cats and gained 3 tenths in the 1/4 mile....on a lopo 5.0...
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

my differential color on my 2001 is the same as his too. all shiney

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                Looks good. Price wasn't too bad either. I just cringe at the stock exhaust though, I know that the stock stuff just isn't enough....It's better than the single, but for around 75 bucks more you could get a 2.25 or 2.5" custom cat back and get even more power.

I went from a stock dual exhaust with the 2 front cats removed (mustang headers) and straightpipes in place of the mufflers, to a 2.5" with high flow cats and gained 3 tenths in the 1/4 mile....on a lopo 5.0...
                The 4.6 in a panther anyways does not really respond to larger pipes like a 5.0 does must be the 281 cube thing. Some mandrel bend 2.25 would be the max unless forced induction etc.. That would have cost quite a bit more than what I laid down. Lots of dyno tests on the evil site seemed to convince me that money on exhaust was not well spent, certianly while using the stock manifolds and cats anyways.

I'm ordering up a pair of the unresonated marauder tips from ADTR to complete the look!!
                2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Ah, OK...well even better then. Didn't know how the 4.6 responded.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy
                    The 4.6 in a panther anyways does not really respond to larger pipes like a 5.0 does must be the 281 cube thing. ... Lots of dyno tests on the evil site seemed to convince me that money on exhaust was not well spent, certianly while using the stock manifolds and cats anyways.
                    Careful Chevy, folks around here don't like to hear that kind of talk !!

Originally posted by Chevyguy
                    I'm ordering up a pair of the unresonated marauder tips from ADTR to complete the look!!
                    How much are those tips ? I want some. They look badass ...
                    Dual Exhaust +0 HP
                    Jerry Chip +20 HP

Comment

The tips are $34.99 ea with shipping it was $85 for the pair

I was gonna wait till later to put the tips on, but I realized they are not being made anymore, and when the stock is gone ya'll caint get em that cheap again. So I ordered up a pair.

At least with my car I can feel a nice midrange punch increase, I do have the MM airbox and DR chip which were gagging on that fucking Y pipe. I will be heading to the strip early May and If I crack 15.99 it's certianly due to the new pipes. I had over 20 passes last October and had 3 runs below 16.1 best of 16.049.
                      Last edited by Chevyguy; 03-31-2006, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X