Rear disc differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear disc differences?

The listings I've seen so far have a break in 1995 on the rear discs. 1991-95 and 96-02. Anyone know what the difference is? IIRC my rear discs are off a 95 towncar...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

The rear disc on my 85 are off a 94 grand marq, they are of a slightly different design then the calipers off my 97. They look to use the same mount and the same pad. But they might not, i have not compared them side by side.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Ive noticed that change in 95 for a lot of part numbers.... Im thinking it may be as simple as the change to metric hardware threads explains that for parts that have no other reason to change in 95.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

It's wierd, because the rotors, pads, and calipers are all different 95/96. Dunno how different they are. I'm just wondering because of upgrading the pads and rotors eventually and there isn't much aftermarket for the 95-back.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The cross drilled rotors and performance friction pads have held up fine for 3yrs for me.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Interesting. I honestly never looked at the avaliable stuffs but now that I'm aware of it, I'll seek out a 96+ as a donor car just so I have options if I want. Thanks for the heads up.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X