drivers side window stuck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drivers side window stuck down

i rolled it down tonight and it wont come back up. NO MOTOR sound at all. All other windows and accesories work so i doubt its a fuse. Any ideas??
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

If you don't hear the motor, either the motor died or the switch is bad. If you're feelin froggy...you could take the door panel off and push the window up, the try wackin the motor with a hammer or somethin' and see if that helps.
    Last edited by boXman; 04-01-2006, 01:49 AM.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Hitting the motor helps sometimes, but don't do it at first. I did that and my window was stuck overnight because of that. The window motor will have to be rebuilt soon if it works again (after hitting the motor) since the brushes in the motor are too worn and are making a poor connection.

Pull the door panel first and check to see if the grease on the window arm is there or not stiff. I spray alot of WD-40 on the window arm/lever along with some lithium grease on my passenger side window and haven't had a problem since. My old window motors roll up/down faster than my dad's 89 Iroc-z camaro and he has all new window motors.
      Last edited by 87mefull; 04-01-2006, 02:06 AM.
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

If you don't rebuild the motor and decide to get a new one, you have to get a Townie motor. The CV/GM window motors are different than the Town Car motor because of the powered vent window.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Too lazy to find it right now, but some guy has complete window bushing sets on ebay for like $ 15.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

well i took off the door panel, whacked the motor and the window went right up. So I guess i need to rebuild the motor? That won't be too hard for me because I repair small motors all the time, mostly in electric fans.
            1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Work it up and down a while, sometimes the armiture gets a bad spot from lack of use.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I just took my motor apart, cleaned the commutator, and put it back together. Has been working fine ever since. The brushes were ok and all but it was just dirty from sitting / age.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X