DRILL TO MARAUDER AIRBOX ¿WHERE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRILL TO MARAUDER AIRBOX ¿WHERE?

:confused: OK MANGS I will buy the Marauder airbox but I have a doubt in where exactly drill the hole for the stock IAT of my CVLX if any can post pics the better for me cause once the drill is done the reverse process is irreversible. Thanks for your time.

ATT, SNIPER 308, MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

¿ can anybody help me with this ?

ATT, SNIPER 308. MANG FROM THE DARKSIDE.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

you can put it pretty much where it is in your current airbox. Or you can use the IAT in the maraurder mass air meter, but you need the 6-wire plug.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Well DEUCE I study that but I have to cut to join it in the harness and that is too complicate for me so is more convenient to do the hole in the box and use the stock IAT of the Panther.

ATT, SNIPER 308. MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.

Comment

Sniper, just look at your old air box, find a drill bit the same size as that hole and drill the box. Then carefully file out 2 notches for the tabs to slide through. Thats how I did it and it looks stock.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

My Marauder box has the IAT mod, but I will have to take some detailed pix for you. I would have to wait till tomorrow as my cam is home.
            2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
            2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Actually I am a lazy mother fucker cause I have yet to do either.LOL Ya you need a drill the same size as the hole but there are little notches in which you put the IAT in and twist to it is secure. How do you cut those notches out?
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Not a rocket science project, trust me it's drilling a hole in a fucking plastic box
                2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy
                  My Marauder box has the IAT mod, but I will have to take some detailed pix for you. I would have to wait till tomorrow as my cam is home.
                  If you can do that for me CHEVYGUY MANG I will be grateful for that.

Comment

it is not super critical, as all it reads is the temp of the air in the box. Just use the same general spot as your existing box.

Comment

Ok once I got in house the MM air box i will evaluate the two alternatives but I think surely I will decide for the hole to the airbox.

Comment

Ya I know it is drilling a fucking hole that isn't the problem. Did you just ram it in there or what cause there a notches in it.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I used a small rounded file to grind the two notches in there slowly, test fitting along the way.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

i used a drill, a knife, and some silicone sealant. it took me like 2 minutes to do it. :nonono:
                            2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Pics of the IAT I did not feel like pulling it out to show the hole

I would have probably done the harness mod, but this is how Turbodiesel did it before I got the car.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Chevyguy; 04-05-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X