A pillar instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pillar instruments

Dear Gurus, My '89 Colony Park has a combined temp/oil pressure light. I've been thinking about replacing it with guages on the A pillar. A couple months ago I had a water leak, refilled within minutes and replaced the hose but from time to time now, the engine guage flickers. Not overheating, plenty of oil so I figure that I've got a bad guage and, anyway, I hate mysteries. Can anybody recommend guages for the A pillar? Donald McCaig

tach, temp gauge, oil pressure/temp?

SuperFord Profile
    Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
    -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
    -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
    -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
    Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

Dear Gurus,
      When Grimor wondered "tach, temp gauge, oil pressure/temp?" I realized Ihadn't made myself clear. Sorry. Oil pressure and temp guages. What I wanted to kow is if anyone has mounted guages on their A pillar and if so which makes. Thanks, Donald McCaog

Comment

cyberdyne makes nice digitals in 3 colors, easy to run

SuperFord Profile
        Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
        -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
        -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
        -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
        Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

A Pillar Gauges

Dear Gurus,
          When my engine light went haywire, that was the final straw I needed to install gauges. My transmission hump is taken up with a contractor's console and stereo gear so I searched the autometer catalog and emailed them. Nope. Nothing for my 89 Colony Park. They did have a Dual Guage pod for an 89-93 T-Bird and I figured that A pillar was pribably as big as mine - unlike the numerous Mustang and F-150 popds they had.
          Well part # 10116 arrived and it fit a round pillar whist my pillar is half of a hexagon but a few minutes with a propane torch and the flanges softened, moulded and fit just fine. So now I have oil and temp gauges in a black moulding. Autometer promises paint for the pods in April and when the paint is available I'll match the pod to the burgundy trim.
          The guy who sold me the pod said they're usually used for nitro pressure and boost - and that's what's pictured on the box.
          Since the Colony Park is the chosen ride of blue-haired old ladies, I wonder what the kids will think when they pull up next to me at a light. The A Pillar pods are quite visible.
          Donald McCaig

Comment

Oh man, we need pics!!!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
            X