more decals....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more decals....

Got an e-mail with the following proofs enclosed.... I am getting the decal that goes on the side of the jack redone.. as mine was all scratched up:

A copy of a 1984 Texas Inspection sticker... This will be attached to the windshield only during shows... (I am going to laminate it, like my window stickers... and then attach it with clear plastic packing tape... as it comes off without leaving any residue) Found a site that has all of the Texas inspection decals.... made one on paint, then the decal shop cleaned it up....

The Dealer sticker, that will go on the back... also to be reomoved after the show(s)... It will be on magnetics....

And finnally, the license plates.... Texas exempt plates are all numbers... but I'm doing it this way so no one can say it is a copy of a real plate.... since it is letters and numbers... plus it is sort of a personalized plate... like my Florida "yellow" plate that says "FIRE"... (NO personalized yellow plates!)

I have a company that is going to make me some pressed aluminum plates.... eventually... they are like $150.00 for a set... because of the special "tooling" they need to do for the "exempt" letters....

ALL of this work he is doing will cost me about $75.00!!!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Awesome!
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Your attention to detail is really impressive. Very cool.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks... the only other decal I MAY need to replicate are the door jamb decals... the info tag on the drivers door... it got some overspray on it when the car was painted... not sure if I can clean it up or not.. and the tire inflation, tire size decal on the back door jamb... Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Nice!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Let me know how you make out with the door sticker. I'm planning to replace my driver's door and the print on my door sticker is pretty much unreadable anyway. I'd kinda like to have the correct on on the car even after the door swap but its not a priority item.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

OK, no problem... I'm going to take a close up picture of it first... in case I screw up the sticker trying to clean it up... I think it has a clear film over it tho... to protect it... hopefully! anyway, if I screw it up, I just have to send the picture to my decal guy via e-mail, with the original measurements of the decal... and have him make a reproduction, and then stick it on over the original.... Tom....

Comment

Working...
              X