Front & Rear Spring Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front & Rear Spring Pics?

Does anyone have a picture of the front and rear springs on a box or aero car? Im thinking about cutting half a coil to drop the car and inch and firm up the ride a bit.
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

not on the rears, you won't. Pigtails on both ends. I just got my new rears this week.
    I've heard rumor that on the fronts you can cut, though.
    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

It was worth a shot, I remembered hearing the rears are double pigtail but I had no clue what it meant. Now it makes sense.
      -Matt

Comment

I've also heard rumor that you can swap in Chevelle springs, and they come in all sorts of different heights and spring rates.
        Can anyone out there confirm this.?
        1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
        1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
        1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

You can get these to drop the ride a bit and firm it up in the rear. It would be a direct replacement, and you have some choices on spring rate. I believe they are a little shorter than normal ones, so getting a 200lb or 225lb will lower the rear as well as firm it up. Once those are in you can cut as much as nedded to match the front ride height.

Linky

Comment

Hrmmm, I can test out that chevelle spring idea if I have the time this summer. Now that I have a 71' Malibu... They would be stock 35 year old springs, but it would confirm if they are the same or not.
            -Matt

Comment

You could just measure the diameter of the upper and lower perch, and compare that to the upper and lower perch of the Merq.

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
                Hrmmm, I can test out that chevelle spring idea if I have the time this summer. Now that I have a 71' Malibu... They would be stock 35 year old springs, but it would confirm if they are the same or not.
                Please do. im not sure if the aftermarket springs for our cars are the same as a Chevelle. The magazine that has them shows the general spring selection choices for both a Chevelle and a Camaro.
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                X