Heater core "coolant" stink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater core "coolant" stink

I'm having the heater core replaced in my car. (My girlfriend drove the car today without telling me). Now it smells BAD!!! It didn't soak the carpet, but as soon as you open the door, "Coolant Stink" hits your nose. What's the best way to get rid of this smell?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Febreeze?
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Once the core is replaced, I'd clean the rugs and spray some febreeze or that ozium stuff through the air intake. It should kill off the smell in the ductwork.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Actually when I had my S-10 the heater core took a dump and coolant piled up on the passenger side floorpan. I used this stuff called dissolve it. I got it at walmart sprayed on there worked out the coolant and just sprayed alittle of febreeze in it and it was good to go.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Thanks for the info.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
            What's the best way to get rid of this smell?
            Best thing to do is get rid of the girlfriend.

...but my heater core damn near exploded and all I did was replace it and leave the windows cracked for a few days.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              Best thing to do is get rid of the girlfriend.
              She might leave on her own because I'm buying a $400,000 house and her name won't be on it.

She never checks the fluids or tire pressure. I wish she was a "Car Girl" like Indy Car driver Danica Patrick or Top Fuel driver Melanie Troxel. Imagine having a chick that knows cars? (Beach Boys)Wouldn't it be nice...

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Ranger 4x4 and finding her something to drive. I like having a truck, but I only took it out a couple of time this Winter. When it's snowing out, I want to be home watching it from the window. I'm all over the place, I'm an impulse buyer. I thinking a supercharged 3800 GM car, a SHO Taurus or 1st gen SVT Lightning.

I keep telling her the Grand Marquis is going to be PERFECT. I LOVE that car. It's nice and it's going to stay nice!!!

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
              X