Tinted Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinted Windows

So I tried to tint them with the film. GOD that shit's hard. Let's not even go there.

Spray on tint. Any good?
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

How does that shit come off?
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

I've never used the spray, but I agree about film. I tried to do my boat a few years back. Outside. On a windy day.

That whole experience made me find the money for a pro to do it when it came time to tint the merc.

Comment

I could do it no problem if I pulled the windows out of the door. that's too much work though. That and you can't pull the rear window. I think I'm going to try the spray on stuff. I have a door in my back yard, dented. It's my test door.. paint, tint,, bondo, etc
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

Run far and fast....That stuff if you do not use it right runs and fades...Save the $$$ and get it done by a pro....
        President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

I agree. I think I paid $150 or so for "lifetime" tint. Well worth the lack of headaches if I had tried to do it myself.

Comment

its not too bad what i do is have a spray bottle of some soapy water and a small squeege. it can be done decently with that stuff its not bad
            1999 CVPI
            Old Rides
            1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
            1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

I tried. I'm not good with sticker shit.

4 Door Muscle
              Supermotors

Comment

I paid 125 lifetime warranty for mine....There is pre cut stuff on ebay but I am not good with sticker stuff either....

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

They make pre cut for 80s vics? lol.

If it were pre cut I'm sure I could do it.

4 Door Muscle
                  Supermotors

Comment

Go to ebay motors parts section....type in mercury then model....fish around found it for differant years...email them they can cut it if they are doing other years...

Comment

I used the film on my last car and it turned out great. The most important part is soaking everything with soapy water, then you have a ton of time to move the film around and get the bubbles out, then squegee it dry. Helps to have 2 people too.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Yea... I couldn't seem to get the bubbles out.. and i had a problem cutting it to the right size.

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Cop magnet for me...
                          Regards,
                          The Old Guy

2004 Grandma MarQuis LS Ultimate HPP

Comment

huh?

4 Door Muscle
                            Supermotors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4
                              huh?
                              Any tint here in Illinois is grounds for a "Complaint from the people of..."

Several years ago, we lived in Arizona, and bought a car there... a Grandma Marquis, of course... and it was delivered with a slight tint to the windows; it's commonly done in Arizona to prevent the sun from destroying the upholstery. When we moved back to Illinois and brought the car with us, the cops here had a field day with me. I finally had to begin carrying a car salesman's business card and bill of sale from Jack Ross Lincoln-Mercury in Scottsdale, Arizona to prove I bought the car there, and it was delivered with tinted windows.

"Serve and Protect"? :confused:

"Scare and Harass"! :yell:
                              Regards,
                              The Old Guy

2004 Grandma MarQuis LS Ultimate HPP

Comment

Working...
                              X