Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need w/ Gauges

If I get something like this

Will I need to buy wires for everythign seperate or are there exsisting wires for this stuff?
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

you will need to remove and replace the original oil and water senders on the engine to use those.
    If they are mechanical, they should come with everything you need. if they are electric, they may or may not come with the sensors you have to install, and those you hook to the guage with your own wire. Volts hooks up easy to any power source.
    Check the stickey at the top here for details.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Alright thanks. I didn't see anything in there about if I needed anyting extra besides the senders. Maybe I missed it.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

you'll probably need a good drilla and a drill bit too
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
          you'll probably need a good drilla and a drill bit too

That's no problem.

4 Door Muscle
          Supermotors

Comment

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

4 Door Muscle
            Supermotors

Comment

get electirc gauges, not mechanical like you have selected. You'll thank yourself later!
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Get mechanical gauges. I hate electric- too many wires and I avoid electrical anything at all costs (as long as it doesn't affect performance).

What you selected will work really well and they're a good price. I'd say go for them.
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I greatly disapprove of mechanical oil pressure guages ESPECIALLY when used with that shitty nylon hose. I've seen more than one person have it break, causing a massive oil slick mess in the engine compartment. Just imagine if it comes apart inside the car. A gallon of oil does not do good things to your interior. If you're gonna insist on mechanical guages, do yourself a favor and get copper or braided stainless hose. Or, do one better, and buy these nice police package guages that I have sitting around. They're electric but can be installed rather nicely above the glovebox.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah... bringing a thin plastic line of 50 psi oil into the interior of the car never sounded good to me.
                    No beef with a mechanical temp gauge, except the sender is very big and hard to pass through the firewall.
                    sigpic

Comment

I had no problems passing my sender through the firewall.
                      I've had my oil pressure gauge installed for 3.5 years now and haven't had a problem.
                      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

What is the price difference?

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Mechanical gauges are twice the price, minimum.

Comment

Well if the mechanical ones are twice the price and have the risk of shooting oil in my car... I'll go with the electric ones.

4 Door Muscle
                            Supermotors

Comment

Well actually the mech ones are cheaper. The gagues are the same amount of money. The mech ones come with everythigni though.

42 for half sweep
                              62 with full sweep.

Have all the line.

4 Door Muscle
                              Supermotors

Comment

Working...
                              X