My new 87 CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new 87 CV

This was my Grandpa's car since new, he died a couple months ago so I got it now. Its in fairly good shape, mechanically to pass safety it needs an E brake cable, idler arm, 1 brake drum and 1 front spring, (I'll replace both springs and both drums). I just finished fixing the holes in the trunk and a couple in the floor, now I just need to get the sail panels done, the drivers side is pretty bad and the pass. side has a 6" hole that I may be able to fix myself. Check the pics out

BTW anyone know whats involved in fixing/replacing the sail panels? Is it costly?

I think I mean door sills not sail panels.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/jasondh/
    Last edited by jasonh; 04-12-2006, 05:07 PM.

Welcome to the board! Very nice 2dr Crown Vic!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Welcome to GMN. We need pics of that coupe man.
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

He attached a link to them. Welecome to GMN man! I like you vic. Glad you are fixing the rust on it.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

YEa I'm just a wee bit tired, didn't notice the link. Awsome car, looks clean and well taken care of.
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Thanks I should have pics of the "fixed" trunk in a couple days.

Comment

Cool, welcome to GMN!!
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

welcome to gmn! nice vic!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Glad to see you made it over here! I really like your car, nice to see it's gettin' fixed up.

Whats wrong with your sail panels?
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Welcome. My connection appears to be retarded tonight and nothing is working, so I can't check out the car, but welcome anyway.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                      Glad to see you made it over here! I really like your car, nice to see it's gettin' fixed up.

Whats wrong with your sail panels?

I think I meant "door sills"? The part of the body under the door...The drivers side is pretty much gone most of the way across and the pass. side has about a 6" hole, which I think I can fix. I would go out and take pics of what I am talking about, but its raining right now.

Oh BTW your post on CVN reminded me that this place existed
                      Last edited by jasonh; 04-12-2006, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Heres a pic of what I'm talking about...sort of The red brackets are about the length of the hole and the blue arrow is pointing at some rusted metal hanging down that shouldn't be.

Comment

Ohh shit. Get a hold of Chachi, he's the GMN bodyman. One look at his car and any doubts u have will be gone.
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Very nice!

Appears to be a base model...with power windows...
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yes its got nothing. He didn't want power windows but apparently they didn't have roll-up on the 2 doors in 87. I would imagine its a fairly light car.

Comment

Working...
                              X