How to fix this...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix this...?

I believe they are called door sills. Check the pic out. It looks to me like it needs to be replaced. How hard (costly) is this for a body man to do? Whats involved? I just don't want to get ripped off, I'd like to know what to expect.

The red brackets are about the length of missing metal, the blue arrow is just some metal hanging down.

Those are your rocker panels.

Possibly, with sheetmetal, you could fix them yourself...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thank you :2thumbs: rocker panels. I was thinking that too but the edge beside the frame, the thick part, is rotted away. It looks like the whoel thing needs to be replaced. Is that possible?

Comment

Yeah, you COULD cut them of a junkyard car.

However, you could always fabricate your own. How good are ya with sheetmetal?
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          However, you could always fabricate your own. How good are ya with sheetmetal?

Not good

My friend is gonna talk to his broth-in-law this weekend, he's a bodyman. I was just wondering what would be involved in fixing this. I'm alittle anxious I guess.

Comment

Looks like a good oppertunity to make a lower body flare.

Comment

expandable foam, fiberglass, and bodyfiller
              jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

The foam will hold in moisture and make things way worse in a couple years.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                  The foam will hold in moisture and make things way worse in a couple years.
                  +2

Comment

Working...
                  X