Sway Bars for the Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway Bars for the Wagon

:guns: Ok heres the question I have a 89 CV ltd lx wagon I know that I can go get the addco front and rear sway bars ,but will I get the same result if I continue my search for the Vaunted P71/72 sway bars?
    Pure Power Pure Luxury Pure Attitude Mean Enough to tame the streets of Southeast where burned out relics roam its the Battlewagon Battle Wagon Ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

Dammit, I used to have the links to the ADDCO bars, but junkyard sourced P72 bars off a box work VERY well.

Thats what I got

Also, you'd be suprised what all new poly bushings and end links will do for the handling on a stock front bar, it should be decent size bar on the waggins...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

this is correct tom!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Re Post

Hey Thanks guys,I have the Addco link saved and will try the bushing as soon as payday arrives.Will also renew my search for the ever so elusive P71/P72 sway bars. :guns:
        Pure Power Pure Luxury Pure Attitude Mean Enough to tame the streets of Southeast where burned out relics roam its the Battlewagon Battle Wagon Ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Uh, note: the rear sway bar REALLY firms up the rear of the car....

Comment

re sway bar

So Mr Pirate(cant say your name withe straight face ) ahm still on the hunt for the vaunted p72 bars need help

Comment

Just look in the junkyards for a cop car...

It will have the 1" bar...

Also, pirate is right...that police bar I installed really firmed my merk up...

Comment

re sway bar post

:guns: Thanks I have been on alot of websites doin parts request but so far no luck maybe this last request I sent out will bear fruit of some kind

Comment

the scrap yards here suck...no old cop cars

Comment

the scrap yards here suck...no old cop cars

Comment

yes, screw the addeco bars and just get police equipment bars. Your waggin allready has a big front bar, so like they say try some poly bushings.

And I still have a police rear sway bar sitting in my basement if you want it.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

re sway bar

Almost forgot about you 85 crown how you been ,Oh back to the post the search is over found all my ho an bullit an cop parts now the only prob is how do I get them Dont think I want to fool with shipping where they at .Oh Well Road Trip Viva MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here comes the Battlewagon

Comment

thats what she was built for! :banana:

Comment

Re sway Bars (Viva LaMexico)

:guns: Gotta make sure when I make the run for the border I take along a guide,got it the perfect canidate and his name is pepe the taco bell dog he will know where to go

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X