gas tank cleaned up and galvanized...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas tank cleaned up and galvanized...

Finnally got the gas tank cleaned up and painted... with the cold galvanizing stuff.... going to paint it silver tommorow, to match the original look.... I'm going to use undercoating on the top of it, where they usually rust... (between the trunk floor and the tank)

here it is so far....

by the way, Blaze... this thing worked great!

Last edited by trwp72; 04-14-2006, 11:09 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Galvanize!!!!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
      Galvanize!!!!
      Uhm, Chemical Bros.?

Tom W, those cars of yours will soon look like they just rolled out of a time capsule or something... not that it's a bad thing

Comment

how are you going to keep it rusting from the inside out.???
        1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
        1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
        1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

By keeping GAS in it!!!!!! I keep all of my vehicles full all the time....

(All TWO of them!!!)

The inside of this tank is perfect, with NO rust.... (borrowed a friend of mines scope thing to look inside....) I got this tank because the one on it as all bent up... looks like someone ran over something, or it got towed wrong.. and cruched the tank in....

Tom!
          Last edited by trwp72; 04-15-2006, 11:48 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Boy that must get expensive...
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out for you Tom. And looks great!

Comment

Boy that must get expensive...
                Not if you keep the tanks mostly full all the time, and then fill up at half tank.... you don't have to worry about suckin trash into the pump and filters too.... And the pump keeps running cooler also... since it is cooled by gas in the tank....

Comment

Working...
                X