'91 GM - attitude for one, please *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 GM - attitude for one, please *DUW*

While waiting for the primer and paint to dry on S.U., I decided to clean and shine my mom's '91 GM. I've always thought the car was a little plain looking, so I asked her if she'd mind if I'd mess with it. She said those magic words: "I don't care", which gives me the freedom to do as I please . . . with her car.

I really, really like the new look. Much more aggressive and much less plain. Let me know what you guys think.

Before:

During:

After:

I like that!! Especially the blacked out ones under the headlights
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That's awsome man, I like how it's selectively blacked out, and not the whole thing. What kind of paint/prep did you use?
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Yeah Mang I like it too it looks !WAESOME!

ATT, SNIPER 308. MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
        MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

mmm rose quartz. Needs turbines
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That does look good. I forgot when I saw that first done some kid on CVN did it to his GM. I always liked how that looks. It seems like all the box GMs around here is that color.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Looks great!!! I want to do the same thing to my car this weekend. What kind of paint did you use? Did you sand the parts before you painted them?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I did a wet sand with a 320 grit sanding sponge. It was there, so I used it. It got the grime off pretty good. I used Krylon Satin Black, the one that says "bonds to plastic".

There are a handfull of light rosewood colored GM/CV's in this area. I wanted the '91 to stand out from the others and gain some character. If all goes well, I will own the '91 someday.

Actually, this one came with turbines. They are now on S.U. These steelies and wire hub caps were originally S.U.'s. My mom didn't like the turbines, so I gladly traded her for 'em.

Comment

i did that a year ago, looks good i think

grand_marquis_gt: "Wow dude, you got the GMGT sedan!"

there, now im cool too

Comment

Originally posted by N A
                    Looks great!!! I want to do the same thing to my car this weekend. What kind of paint did you use? Did you sand the parts before you painted them?
                    With you're color, you should do the outer bezels body color with the inners black...that would kick ass.
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Looks good mang!
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73

Wow that is nice i guess my rose quartz wasnt taken care of? most of the time it looks brown lol only when waxed and hella clean in the sun it got the rose color to it
                        1999 CVPI
                        Old Rides
                        1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                        1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Rose Quartz changed at some point, and became more brown than pink.

On topic: Looks great! With the grille, you basically made it look like a '91 grille..I like it. I probably wouldn't have done the strips under the headlights, but it doesn't look BAD.
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                            With you're color, you should do the outer bezels body color with the inners black...that would kick ass.
                            You're right!!! I got to get some factory paint. www.paintscratch.com

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X