Floor Shifter Console DUW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Shifter Console DUW!!!

So after a big help from drock, I was able to install my new 2002 Linc Conti center console and shifter - Lets bring on the pics

The stock radio is now wired to be used for a clock, while my aftermarket is now mounted below:

Its mounted in, I just have to get some sandpaper for the molding around it to take off the extra glue.

This is a nice shot, noticed that the old radio still lights up? (I wanted this to do that hehe )

Goes in pretty good I take it:

-- Here are some pics of the blacked out tails btw:

It has been a lot of fun these past few weeks :-D
    99 Crown Vic PI
    |KittieFind.com - Your Source For Kitties and Cats - Forums, Classifieds, Blogs and Much more!|

Mods:
    Marauder Corners, Meg Non-Resonated Tips, Dual Delta Flowmaster 40s, Honeycomb grill, Lin Cont Console And Shifter, Blacked out rears,.. LTD Treatment

What do I have for sale?
    -Jon

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I like it!
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

This was originally a column shift car I assume? What did you do with the lever on the column, just pull the pin and take it out or did you remove the whole shift shaft thing and replace the shroud around it or what?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          This was originally a column shift car I assume? What did you do with the lever on the column, just pull the pin and take it out or did you remove the whole shift shaft thing and replace the shroud around it or what?
          For now I just took the lever out, I have to buy a new shroud to cover that up or a new pod that does not have the hole. I am going to leave the shaft in there because it does not really matter - the gear indicator is taped up now, but I will prob get a new gauge cluster without it with some writing or what not..
          99 Crown Vic PI
          |KittieFind.com - Your Source For Kitties and Cats - Forums, Classifieds, Blogs and Much more!|

Mods:
          Marauder Corners, Meg Non-Resonated Tips, Dual Delta Flowmaster 40s, Honeycomb grill, Lin Cont Console And Shifter, Blacked out rears,.. LTD Treatment

What do I have for sale?
          -Jon

Comment

Looks really good. Hey you stole my taillights! : - P I really like how the masked off tails look with the chrome strip.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
              Looks really good. Hey you stole my taillights! : - P I really like how the masked off tails look with the chrome strip.
              Thankyou

I wanted to paint the chrome, but my g/f said no. Good thing I did'nt
              99 Crown Vic PI

Mods:

What do I have for sale?
              -Jon

Comment

VERY CLEVER CENTRAL50 MANG WELL DONE,CONGRATULATIONS,TE FELICITO,CONGRATS,ENHORABUENA,MAGNIFICO,GREAT,GOOD ,BUENO,POR LA MACETA,GOOD JOB,EXCELENTE BUEN TRABAJO. KEEP IMPRESING US.

ATT, SNIPER 308. MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
                MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

that looks awesome!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Not just Awesome but !WAESOME! too.

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
                    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Thankyou all
                      99 Crown Vic PI

Mods:

What do I have for sale?
                      -Jon

Comment

I want to do that soooo bad.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                          I want to do that soooo bad.

Its really not that hard as I thought to do it. The biggest part is aligning the shifter on the floor. Running the cable and all was not that bad, just some tight space to work. (All thanks to drock! )
                          99 Crown Vic PI

Mods:

What do I have for sale?
                          -Jon

Comment

His GM is one of the best around thats fo sho.
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                              His GM is one of the best around thats fo sho.

Totally agreed
                              99 Crown Vic PI

Mods:

What do I have for sale?
                              -Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X