My '88 Crown Vic LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '88 Crown Vic LX

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but I used to own a '91 LX, but I wrapped it around a telephone pole three days before Christmas. I was fine, as was everyone in the vehicle, but I was left carless.

Seven days later, my dad aided me in finding another Crown Vic to replace the one I had lost due to bad weather.

It was garage kept its whole life, and had 88,000 miles. It ran and drove perfectly.

It is no longer garage kept, has 93,000 miles, and STILL runs perfectly.

Yesterday, I finally ditched the turbines in favor of newer Mustang Bullitt wheels. It gave the car a whole new look!

You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

that looks friggin' shaweet! The color combo really works
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

I personally love how the wheels have a polished aluminum lip...so it goes very well with all the lower body chrome.
      You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

Comment

That is really good looking! Keep it up.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

My future plans include: swaybars (friend of a friend has a pile of them-literally), new shocks (rear sags), dual exhaust (when funds allow it) and clear signal lenses, like my '91 had.

Comment

You are going to need rear springs if the rear sags unless you are planning on going with airshocks.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Wow man, those wheels look sick on that car, the color combo is perfect. Keep it up man, and are those swaybars your friend has for police cars?
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I like it.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Nice stance on that vic'

Id like a set of grey 17" GT Five spokes on my car but I'm much happier with the prices on 15" tires lol.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I was going to have to replace the 15" tires anyway...the previous owner seemed to like the idea of four different tread patterns

It'll be a bit more expensive to replace these tires, but I think the difference in looks makes it worthwhile.

Comment

wow, those look GREAT!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That looks awesome...
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Looks nice. Bigger wheels with smaller sidewalls handle better anyway. Best thing I ever did for my car.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

very nice!!!! you should look up Mercmarquis - he is from ohio and could use a rear swaybar too, if I remeber right.

welcome back!
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Looks good. Glad you got to the place again.
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS
                              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
                              X