Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sickening...

All I wanted to do was swap seats...

I started with the rear seat. Put my hand on the passenger side floorboard, and put my hand under water. Greeaaaat..so I pull the seat out and lift the carpet. I find a nice puddle of water and the sound deadening insulation soaked. I don't know how long it's been like this, but rust bubbles have formed, as you will see in the pictures. Ok, so now it's on...the carpet has to come out. I get the seats out, of course there's another FUCKING TORX bit holding the front seatbelts to the floor. Tried, bent the torx bit, flipped out...they ain't comin out so I cut the carpet. So I got the carpet out and, well, look at the pictures....

Here's the nice puddle that made me do this:

I found a second build sheet, under the insulation, under the carpet..here's what's left of it:

Good place to put it! Stoopid Canadians eh.

Driver's side not too bad,but, ugh..

You see where this is going...

This makes me sick, passenger side:

This was hidden under the carpet, must be a new one that got dropped or something:

I do NOT know where all this fucking water came from!! There are no leaks anywhere! WTF?!?! :yell: :violin:
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

This is my '89 Vic, btw. All the insulation is in a garbage bag, including that piece that runs along under the firewall. That was nicely soaked too, causing rust. So none of that shit is going back in, fuck it!
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Possibly a heater core leak at one point? That sucks. At least the floors still "look" solid. I'm dreading what may or may not be under Greys carpet.
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I don't know. I've never had trouble losing any coolant or anything, and I've had it since '01. I'd LOVE to know how the puddle in the rear floor formed tho, all the winders are up and it doesn't leak back there.
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Windshield leak? Door or window left open? I'd get a lawn sprinkler, one of those rectangle kind with the metal perforated tube, sit it on the roof and sit inside the car looking for water leaks.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I've taken it thru auto-washes before, only slight dripping on the drivers door. I'm gonna have dad run a hose over the windsheild sometime and see if it comes thru behind the dash tho.
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I don't know about the drivers side being wet, but the heater box on the passenger side under the dash are prone to leaking. There is a screen under the hood at the base of the windshield, that lets in fresh air, and rain as well.

Usually this is supposed to drain out like the water from the air conditioner, but the foam gasket breaks down and leaks, water intot he passenger side floor.
              The easiest fix I know of is to pull the passenger side wheel for easy access to the drain, and caulk around it.

As for the floor pan, it is at least good that you caught it before it got any further.
              Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
              AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

Yea, I cleaned out that screen/vent before. I read that it can get clogged and cause this. Guess I'll have to check for leaks from it now too.
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

my 91 for some reason had a hole in the cowl and would do the same thing...took for EVER to find that damn leak. The windshield leaking could do that, and the cowl could too. That's the 2 door right? could be the doors...
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

No, that's the '89 Vic...like I said.
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I had the same problem with my car. I ended up tearing out the old sound deadening, sandblasting, por15'd and JB Welded the floor. I finished it off by istalling Dynamat. Car still as leaks though, from a few spots. The weatherstripping, Coupe hinges that have pulled away, ect. Still a work in progress.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                        No, that's the '89 Vic...like I said.
                        Ah, second post...

I'd check around the cowl....the inlet for the heater, and the whole area around that.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'll check it out, thanks for the tips.
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Shit! Is you underside still good? If so you should be able to get by just sanding it down and getting a good rust killer/preventitive like por 15 to lay down on that.
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I haven't been under it in awhile. There's a small hole thru on that passenger floor board. :nonono:
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                              X