Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob Clark

to GMN!!

Let me be the first to welcome you as our first down under member!

Now lets get to the nittty of gritty, that Lincoln of yours. Man that thing is clean! Beautiful Town Car Rob! I and others are dieing to see how the dash was converted to right side drive. If you have any pics of that it would greatly be appreciated!

!
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

The car was imported new into Australia by a farmer. (They have all the money!) He also had a Cadillac - which I never saw.

The Left to Right conversion was done when the car was imported in Australia by some guy in the farming area (country town) - will post a pic of the badge he left under the hood.

The dash conversion is very well done. Basically - he got out a saw and cut it into vertical bits - and reassembled. Frankly - you have to look close to see the joins. Will post pics.

The farmer really looked after the car. I think it spent most of its time in the city - only 127,000 miles. Paint and vinyl roof are original. That tells me it has not been left outside.

Unfortunately - he died 2 yrs ago and his wife finally had their son sell the car. He simply had it at a local 'sellers parking lot' sale one Sunday. I drove past - stopped and jaw dropped. But - as I certainly did not need a 2nd car ... let it pass.

But - it bugged me for weeks that some other person would get it - so I looked in the sunday paper and sure enough there was a small 2 line advert for the car. He was 5 mins away so went to see the seller. The rest is history.

It may be worrying you why an Aussie wanted that car? I spent my entire working life outside Australia in the oilfield. And spent 1989 to 1995 in USA. Nearly bought a Town Car then. So it is my-kinda-car.

Does it get looks? You bet! Don't forget - that car was never sold here. Looks are mainly from men my age, and teenage girls! (I prefer to think they are not complaining about my effect on their environment and burning the odd barrel of oil each time I start it :-} )

Before I get out the camera - here are some more recent pics.

http://freenet-antennas.com/v-web/gallery/Lincoln

Rob
      Last edited by RobClark; 04-17-2006, 11:05 PM.
      Rob the Aussie
      Photos
      Founding (and only) member of the CLIPPer Club.
      (Continuous Lincoln ImProvement Program).

Car: '86 Lincoln Town Car
      Engine: 302 Windsor

Comment

Very nice car.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Welcome to GMN!!!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I likey!

I need a right hand drive panther to drive in england
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Welcome to GMN man That's an awsome Town Car man, and you're right, it was well taken care of. Good luck with her.
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Welecome. Ya I was the one that spotted you when I was cruising rockauto. That is one sharp Towncar!
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Nice car mang
                  Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                  RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                  Originally posted by p71towny
                  Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                  :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

w00t!!! a waffle grille!!! and 89 corner lenses. Were the orange front marker lights installed when it came over to .au? Those were factory here in the US for one year only in 1989. They don't quite look like stock Ford lenses though.

Welcome to GMN.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

wow

just plain wow
                      GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                      1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                      99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                      03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Nice car Rob, very very nice! I noticed the rear blinkers, do you guys have a law there about them being amber/orange in color (and not red like here) that resulted in these being installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                          Nice car Rob, very very nice! I noticed the rear blinkers, do you guys have a law there about them being amber/orange in color (and not red like here) that resulted in these being installed?
                          Yeah, in most foreign countries you are required to have rear amber blinkers...
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yes - in AU we have to have orange blinkers... so they were retrofitted into the rear bumper as you see.

As for the front '89 corner lenses'. Hmmm..had no idea they were 'special'. Certainly - we have to have (and this does have) orange turn lights on the front.

So...now I have question for you guys.

When sold the car I was told an '86 model.
                            The workshop manuals that come wit it say 1986 model year.

But - do I not have an '86 grille/lights up front?
                            Rob the Aussie
                            Photos

Comment

And here is the link to the LtoR dash conversion

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=8654
                              Rob the Aussie
                              Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X