Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Differential fliud questions !HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Differential fliud questions !HELP!

:confused: Ok Mangs First of all here in Puerto Rico the system of weights & measures are different to US for example when you or anyone in US buy gasoline for the car they're sell as a PRICE PER GALLON, here is the contrary we buy as a PRICE PER LITER Ok with that in mind now I will post my dilemma I will change the differential fluid for new one but I buy the Amsoil gear fluid 75w90 the differential of my Panther is obviously 8.8 and the gears are 2.73 open(not limited slip or posi-traction)so I understand I don't need to use the friction modifyer the problem here is that I buy 3 bottles of 1qt each ¿I could use or pour the 3 qt in the differential or not ? you Mangs help me because I don't want to screw up, Thanks for your attention to read this Mangs.

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

I'm pretty sure you just fill it to the hole, and put the plug back in.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=3432
      2001 Grand Marquis LS
      SuperMotors Page
      CJMF
      Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
      224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
      15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

2 quarts had it right to the hole for me. I had friction modifier in mine though cause of the trac-loc.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

A little over 2 quarts filled mine to the hole.

Comment

Ok Mangs Thanks to all for your quick response with that in mind I will work on that.

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
            MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

This thread reminds me that I still need to get under one of the other Vics and swipe the diffy cover.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
              X