Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger windshield wiper sizes for boxes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger windshield wiper sizes for boxes!

I can say, without a doubt, that 20" and 22" blades fit without cresting the top or side of the windshield. A 20" blade will clear the drivers side, while a 22" clears the passenger side. I don't have pics because my digicam is crap, but they will fit. I have to exchange the 22" one at the store though because it doesn't have the right adapter. :nonono:

FYI, this may or may not apply to box Townies. I think the Townies had a different windshield so the above may not apply.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Grrrr. I went back and none of the 22's had the adapter I needed. So for now I'm rocking 20" on both sides. At some point, I'll pick up another 22" and use the adapter off the 20".

Comment

Yeah, I run 20" wipers as well.

Comment

Dude! I been runnin' 20 and 22 on my '88! Yea those wally world 22s dont have the right adapter....i made it fit tho! I froget how right now im stoned. Ill get pics tomorow!
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
          Dude! I been runnin' 20 and 22 on my '88! Yea those wally world 22s dont have the right adapter....i made it fit tho! I froget how right now im stoned. Ill get pics tomorow!
          Fuckin' burnout
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

lol
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Wal-Marts cheapo 22" had the right adapter, but I like Michelin blades. And I refuse to run mismatched wiper blades. That to me is like having 1 Silverstar low beam light and one GE pos low beam light.

Comment

Ahh my walmart cheapo didn't come with the right adapter. WTF? I still don't remember how I made that shit work lol. Pics sometime today...
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

very interesting.........i have used 19's in a pinch

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Here's the pics...click 'em...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0853.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1243537

Here's what I did on the 22"...took the clip out and flipped it. I don't remember how it worked tho.. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0850.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1243536
                    Last edited by boXman; 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM.
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Why is it always the drivers side arm that has rust on it?

Comment

lol I dunno...mine started makin a creaking noise lately too..
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                        X