Someone Ran Into My Rear Quarterpanel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone Ran Into My Rear Quarterpanel

Just my Luck,my Mint Box did'nt stay "Mint" for long.Oh well these things happen in life.:nonono: While my box was parked in the parking lot at work,some asshole ran into my passenger side rear quarterpanel with judging from the damage a large truck,smashed and dented it up pretty badly from the rear of the fender flare on back,also smashed the taillamp housing to oblivion (luckily I have 3 more sets),and bent the rear bumper slightly.They drove off without even so much as leaving a note or anything.Anyway I spent the entire weekend fixing the quarterpanel (metal work and bondo) I got it looking pretty close to perfect but the bodyline running down the quarterpanel still dose'nt line up with the bodyline on the taillamp housing,the taillamp is from a '85 CV,would the bodylines be any different on the 85?Also I am thinking of just cutting out the entire quarterpanel and welding on a new one,what would be the logistic's of doing so,and how much would a bodyshop charge to have this done professionally?I am planning on painting this car High Gloss Black so I know the Body has to be perfect,and I really don't want to give this box up as the rest of the car is in immaculate condition.

This isn't going to help you much with bodywork, but here goes.

Did you talk to your employer to see if they have a camera covering the parking lot?
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

Unfortunantly they don't have camera's covering the parking lot,I also spoke to other ppl in the area and nobody saw anything,So I'm pretty much screwed.

Comment

OH man, stuf like that aggrivates me to no end
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That sucks. I'd be looking for blood. At work, especially with the construction, management wants us to park all the way towards the end of the parking lot. Fuck that. I find the closest spot by a median to the front of the building as possible. There's nothing down towards the bottom of the lot security wise. There's cameras watching the front though.
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Sorry to hear, that happened to my delta. Even if I found out it was an old lady that did it I'd prolly push her over and break her hip.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Sorry to read about the "hit and run". Any frame damage?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Today is an extremly sad day for me......Just took her to the bodyshop and found out there is indeed frame damage,as well as extensive sheet metal damage.The guy said it must have been hit at about 20-25mph.The total cost for all the repairs would be over $3500!After much tumultuous thought,I have decided to just let her go,and find another undamaged Box to fully restore and then keep away from the driving public moron's,and crowded parking lots.I would love to have 5 minutes alone with the Bastard who did this,but I won't get into that rant.This Box will continue to be my daily driver(as I have no other choice),only now it's my DD/POS.A damn shame as the rest of this box is in immaculate condition,including the interior,the engine and freshly rebuilt trans.Anyway needless to say I will be getting another Box,I know where another nice mint '87 Vic LX is right now,but it's a little expensive and 250mi away.Regardless of what happens I won't stop searching until I find another mint mostly rust-free '87 Vic LX I can transfer all my good box parts onto.

Comment

:nonono:

That's a really shitty deal mang.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

My old '89 Town Car got hit in the passenger quarter like that while I was driving it. We chased those fuckers up and down the frozen hills here in my neighborhood in January. I lost them in traffic, but they dumped the car on their own street, a couple of blocks away. The insurance company totaled out the car. It took me a few months to find another box. I wish you the best of luck.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Make sure you pull all the new or nice parts from it before you get rid of it. Always good to have some xtra parts especially that trans.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Thx Guys,I guess sometimes in life you just get handed the shit end of the stick.Im sure I'll find another mint box eventually,all the good parts from this box are definatly going onto and into my next box.Then the rest of the car minus the engine & trans will then be parted out on eBay,someone allready wants the engine block.Well,I'm off to go work for the money to buy my next box!

Comment

Update

Good News:I'm saving my Box,we've travelled so much road and been through so many good times together I just can't let it go.I found a bodyshop which agreed to fix the frame and internal sheetmetal damage for just over $1K,I will do the rest of the metal and bondo work on the quarterpanel myself so as to save the other $1K.

I just can't bear to let this box go,It's in such good shape and still drives so excellent.I have put a serious ammount of work into it allready why stop now.The mint full vinyl top,small TC rear window,and one piece front door glass(I hate vent windows),are 3 Factory reasons why this Loaded Vic would be hard to replace.Anyway she will be outta the shop in a few days,until then I'm stuck driving a POS '99 Taurus,uggghhhhh.........

Comment

Cool!
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                              X