LOCATION OF TRANNY OIL COOLER CVPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOCATION OF TRANNY OIL COOLER CVPI

Ok Mangs, This is for the ones who own a Police Interceptor ¿ Where is located the Tranny oil cooler ? if anyone can post pics to see where it is, ¿Why? because I was on Pep Boys and see those Transmission radiators or coolers and I was thinking to install one to my 97CVLX P74 but I don't know whre to install it once again need your valuable help BTW the coolers I was checking was the brand "HAYDEN" if any of you know about these coolers and can suggest me I will be granted. once again if you can post pics of where is located the P.I cooler, the better for me. thanks again for your time to read. :thumbsup:

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

It is located inside the radiator. Hayden is a good brand; go with their 28,000 GVW cooler and run it in series with the stock cooler, like this:

Comment

Well EVILLALLY I check the Haydens website and I see two types the Ultra cool & the Rapid cool ¿Which of those will work better for my Panther.

MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

For your application, I think either will do. Since you live in a warmer climate, you'll probably want which every one comes with a built-in thermostat...

Comment

I went to Pep Boys and check the Hayden catalog there was 3 types of coolers 1)Ultra cool 2)High Performance 2)Rapid cool I have a doubt ¿ why only the Police Interceptors have the tranny cooler and the civilian not?

Comment

It's more expensive to make a car with a cooler than one that doesn't have it, that's why. Any car can benefit a tranny cooler, but police cars usually see a lot more abuse, so they are better equipped drivetrain-wise.

Comment

there is one in the radiator, and another near the radiator, the other is ps cooler.

Comment

JOHNNYIROC I don't see any other cooler except for the engine radiator.

Comment

Ahhhh sorry JOHNNYIROC you was reffering about the Police Interceptor ?

Comment

yes I was. In 97 they have no external cooler IIRC. You can add a hayden 679 like I did.

Comment

¿ Do you own a Police Interceptor ? ¿ Which year it is ?

Comment

I own a 97 & 99PI had a 96 PI, 97 Hpp and a 92 P73

Comment

Hmmmmm that's great a nice collection of CV's great.

Comment

Thinking about FWD and 4 bangering a CV too in the future, just for fun and to see what the mileage it like.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
                              Thinking about FWD and 4 bangering a CV too in the future, just for fun and to see what the mileage it like.
                              I would think the mileage would suck since the motor has to pull so much weight, but that would be interesting to see hehe.
                              99 Crown Vic PI
                              |KittieFind.com - Your Source For Kitties and Cats - Forums, Classifieds, Blogs and Much more!|

Mods:
                              Marauder Corners, Meg Non-Resonated Tips, Dual Delta Flowmaster 40s, Honeycomb grill, Lin Cont Console And Shifter, Blacked out rears,.. LTD Treatment

What do I have for sale?
                              -Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X